PTM headlight color scheme... help with choice...

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Need help decided what way to go with headlight color.

Body match Oxford white or black or..... looking to retain factory lighting just want to paint the interior shell.

Anyone have any pictures of the same paint scheme truck. Also planning on doing the mirror bodies. Not just the caps the same way InMotionJosh from diesel cartel did his.

Any advice tips tricks and hints are highly welcomed.

Sorry for the small attachment photo. It's the only way I know to post a picture from a mobile phone.

Attachments

• 20151002_163540.jpg
    20151002_163540.jpg
    865.9 KB · Views: 256

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I would do it with the tan on the bottom. I did a set on a 6.4 like that and it was the best way to go. white headlights are tough to do because they never really look exactly like the body color because of the clear lens.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Interesting.... never even considered that.

You wouldn't happen to have a picture would you?

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
For some reason I can't get with the white headlights, even when it's done right I think it just looks a little odd.

Subbed to see what you come up with.. I want to do something, not sure what though.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I agree on the white lights not looking right. I just did the clear reflector and chrome bulbs to get rid of all the orange and it made a world of difference. Get rid of all the badging on the truck, just do the mirror caps and tint the mirror lenses and it'll look damn nice.
Too much white just doesn't work.

12390878_10205794335437263_1694194155760350979_n.jpg

Last edited:

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
That looks good because you have the chrome surround on your grill. My truck has a decent amount of black I'm wondering if some black accents would work in the lights..

Layson

Reaction score
I would leave it as is. It looks good. The white trucks don't seem to look right unless you go with a complete retrofit.

One thing to consider is who is going to do them. When I was at SEMA and it rained this year about half or more of the retrofitted headlights I saw had water or condensation in them....LOL.

sootie

Reaction score
I agree on the white lights not looking right. I just did the clear reflector and chrome bulbs to get rid of all the orange and it made a world of difference. Get rid of all the badging on the truck, just do the mirror caps and tint the mirror lenses and it'll look damn nice.

12390878_10205794335437263_169419415576079_n.jpg

Rich, who did you lights and where did the clear reflector come from?

CATDiezel

Reaction score

12390878_10205794335437263_1694194155760350979_n.jpg

Thanks for the input. And everyone input also. I'm glad yall talked me out of the white paint on the chrome. That WAS THE route I was headed. Still debating on the tan. I already have white mirror caps ready to go. However I really like what Josh with Diesel cartel did with his.... That's what I'm debating.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I would leave it as is. It looks good. The white trucks don't seem to look right unless you go with a complete retrofit.

One thing to consider is who is going to do them. When I was at SEMA and it rained this year about half or more of the retrofitted headlights I saw had water or condensation in them....LOL.

Yeah definitely do NOT want the 30 year old headlight look with it raining on the inside of the lense. I do think that can be taken care of tho with the correct sealant and possibly purging the lense out with nitrogen before installing the bulbs. I have vast amounts of nitrogen for calibrating instrumentation so wasting it is not a problem. Lol

TyCorr

Reaction score
I dont think the whites look bad. But its not my truck.

I did see a 13 kr in ruby/tan (king ranch). His lights were tan with a red reflector and a tan kr logo on the reflector.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I dont think the whites look bad. But its not my truck.

I did see a 13 kr in ruby/tan (king ranch). His lights were tan with a red reflector and a tan kr logo on the reflector.

Man I've searched every key word I can think of for a picture like that...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.