pulled a code, thoughts?

Emery19

Reaction score
Well back in March i was headed back to school and when i started the truck, the check engine light was on. it had no power, couldnt get up to highway speeds and cruise control didnt work. my guess is it was in reduced power mode, i drove like that for 45 minutes, and then the truck clicked into clean the exhaust and everything was back to normal. i did stop, fuel up and shut the truck down in between that 45 minutes and full power back though. anyways i finished my 500 mile trip back to school with full power and everything working fine. ( i was planning on turning back home and getting my ranger if the truck didnt clear up when it did) but anyways. its been back at school and i just had the chance to check the code yesterday because the truck seemed to be running fine.

I ran up to harry's upull it yesterday with my buddy and we were able to sop by his uncles house on the way back and i borrowed his code reader. the code came back as.
P1335 Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Position Sensor Minimum/Maximum Stop Performance.

i have been driving the truck, but because there didnt appear to be any more issues, i think its just a stored code. unless something is still wrong. But I'm going up to the local ford dealer tomorrow after class because according to some research me and my buddy did, the truck still has a factory 5 year 100,000 engine warranty on it that covers the engine and all the emmisions related equipment on it. I didn't even know that wrannty was there because the 5 year 60k powertrain is up for me because i have 83k on the truck. I also have a ford extended waranty but it doesnt cover emmisions.

Hopefully this dealer will help me out and fix the issue, i didnt clear the code because its my word over the dealers and i wasnt going to screw myself if theyre gonna pay for whatever repair it is, even its just cleaning the sensor.

hopefully i didnt hurt the truck driving it like that. cuz then i'll feel like a dumbass. but i guess we'll see what happens tomorrow.

anybody else have a code like this and then symptoms go away? or any input in general.

his might explain my less then stellar gas mileage on the highway to. because my trip from home to school i averaged 11 or so on the highway, and i put 350 highway miles on it yesterday, and only hit 13.4 average. but the truck also regened twice in those 350 miles

Emery19

Reaction score
quick update. theres no outstanding recalls on the truck, so it looks like the egr valve was already replaced once. but the truck still has the factory 5 year 100k emissions warranty so I'm dropping the truck off tonight after class and they'll start work on it tomorrow.

Latest posts

Members online