Pulled today and had severe defuel issues

Delaware6.4

Reaction score
Went pulling today for the first time. Pulled 3 times. 2 with h and s 300 and then with matts big tune. Truck was in 4low and I was in drive. Truck would not shift out of first gear and when it hit about 3100 rpm's it shut down hard like the traction control was on. Not a clue as to why. I started another thread about how my trans can't keep the TC locked in any tune over stock so maybe they could be related? Trans is built by mpd and no major mods. Any help would be great thanks guys

sootie

Reaction score
try running 4lo and 2nd on the shifter. that will stop it from killing itself when its trying to shift.

Stroked777

Reaction score
I run 4lo 3rd on the shifter. Saves the trans cuz it doesn't shift at all. I have pulled with Gearhead and hd300 and never had a defueling issue. I also turned off most of my defueling limits

Delaware6.4

Reaction score
Negative. Going to call Matt on Monday and ask his opinion and maybe go see Eric later in the week. I also want to ask MPD if they replaced my pump but I'm am almost certain they did

Delaware6.4

Reaction score
Stroked: yea it was my first time so I wanted to play it safe and see how it acts with that new trans. Unfortunately it was a joke

Gearhead

Reaction score
You don't get converter lock in 1st gear unless you ask me to put that in... i would have started in second if you were in low range then upshifted manually if needed.

Delaware6.4

Reaction score
I agree. According to MPD, yours should lock in 2nd at WOT. I'll call you tomorrow and see if you can help me get the trans sorted out. In comparison to h and s tuning, yours keeps the TC a bit more in control but it still will not stay locked. I like your tuning and am not pointing fingers. I noticed yesterday when I was changing tunes that when I chose your engine and trans file that the trans tune still says s1L even though I chose reg.... Maybe the tunes are not being downloaded properly? I know for a fact I have the engine file correct because the trucks runs different and no smoke. I dunno man. We'll figure it out somehow

swinky

Reaction score
How is it not keeping the tc locked. Is it all gears or just one gear where it's not staying locked?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Gearhead

Reaction score
The tune status will always show whatever you loaded the last time from the hs software not custom files. I don't command any converter lock in 1st gear.

Delaware6.4

Reaction score
Yes I returned to stock twice today and re downloaded. No luck. I need to ask Matt if it should show T4reg in the show settings trans tune. It still shows S1M. And as far as the TC goes, from about 50 the TC will lock when driving normal, if I give it any throttle over about 20%, the TC will unlock and stay unlocked until I exceed about 80 mph or if I let off the gas pedal. At wot the TC will lock in third gear just before it shifts to 4th, once it touches 4th, it will unlock and re lock about 3 times until it hits fifth gear. Once in fifth, it sometimes will hold and sometimes unlock and re lock once. Sorry so long just trying to explain it well. Thanks a lot again for the help

Delaware6.4

Reaction score
I agree with you. My issue is that it cannot stay locked thru the gears. Maybe it's still learning due to new parts they put in it but I put 250 miles on it in tow tune before I put it in performance tune or floored it thru the gears.

Stroked777

Reaction score
I honestly never done a proper relearn on either my 6.oh or 6.fo. I always just drove it like I would normally and never had any issues, granted it was still a stock trans

Delaware6.4

Reaction score
I made sure that MPD did not change tunes while it was down there. I never changed anything after I got it back except for put it in tow tune. So it has well over 250 on it.

Delaware6.4

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks again to Matt @ Gearhead for the fast response on my tuning issues. He sent me a new trans file within a day of my email. I'll throw an update tomorrow once I get some miles on this trans tune. Cecil county Friday night! See how this MPD trans acts

Latest posts

Members online