Pulley noise...I think

Willman940

Reaction score
I'm laying here in my bed (at work in AK) thinking about my truck (Back home in MN. The last time I was home I noticed a squeaking behind the grill at idle. Due to the changing pitch and similar sounds from the past my first thought was a pulley on the belt. But, honestly my trips home are normally so busy I didn't have time to do any more investigating. So since I'm sitting here reading about other guys trucks and missing my own, I thought I'd bounce this off you guys.

My truck is a 99.5 7.3 zf6 (the read this before posting said this page is only for 7.3s with 4r100s I'm sorry if this is the wrong place.) It's not tuned, and just turned over 90K. If it maters when I bought it it had a Bullydog Power Hound and a Superchip, but I removed both and has it re-flashed. The truck doesn't get driven a lot, I try to have my father or friends drive it now and again. But my Dad doesn't under stand it needs more then a trip around the block once a month to stretch it's legs, and until recently insisted on keeping it on parking insurance when I'm not around since its on his plan. We've not agree'd that I can keep it insured however I please as long as I pay for it regardless of what he things. So hopefully she'll get out a bit more in my absence.

Thanks for your time and I hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

John.

Latest posts

Members online