Pulling cab with forklift

Cab stayed on

Reaction score
I have a full replacement that is welded on.

I would just pull the cab. To be honest the first few I did with the cab on took me forever and you have to make quite a few tools. (Cutting wrenches, sockets) but after all the practice it just flys along now. Snap on actually sells a socket now for leaving the cab on to tighten the head studs under the stupid heater box.. You still have to chop about a 1/4 inch off of it. And zip tieing the head studs in the head to set it kind of blows too.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Yeah....replacing the lifters isn't as easy as one would think. Tranny has to be removed, rear cover removed, hpop cover and hpop removed, branch tubes removed.....then you can get to all the lifters.

560puller

Reaction score
I still think pulling cab is waste of time. A/C box comes out in a snap. Remove heat shield and sound deadner off firewall carefully and massage behind bolt on driver's side head with a air hammer. You can't see it after you reinstall heat shield. I really think they're easy compared to some of the dirt moving equipment I work on. Good luck.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
we first pulled my cab few years ago using 2 fork lifts, wasn't horribly, don't know that I would truck 1 with straps, or through the cab. I hate doing them in cab, but for the risk of damaging something pulling the cab off with your resources, just do it in cab....wont be that bad

shmoozer

Reaction score
Brining this back up. If a guy were to do studs cab on would it be at all beneficial to pull the front clip?

-KCCO-

04cr450

Reaction score
absolutely^^^ pulling the front end off takes all but 30 mins.. then you can just climb right in the engine bay, your back will love you for it.

edit** you can do this on the 03-04.5's due to the steering stabilizer down low giving you more room to put your feet and legs down in... 05+ little harder since the stabilizer is up top more but either way.. way more room with front end off.

shmoozer

Reaction score
Awesome, that makes me feel a lot better about taking on this task out in the driveway as opposed to sending the truck into the shop.

-KCCO-

08Monster

Reaction score
Interested. I need to pull the cab on my 6.4 and was looking at methods that don't require a 2 post lift.

78f100

Reaction score
I pulled the cab on a burnt 6.0 Cclb, with a bobcat with forks on it. I wasn't worried about damaging it but wanted to see if it flexed or tweaked it in any way. From what I could tell it was fine. I have 2 buddies who used wide straps on a f150 cab without any issues. They just ran them through the doors.

Latest posts

Members online