Punch it performance Feedback and Opinions!

barnett182010

Reaction score
Hey I have some questions about punch it performance tunes. I felt I had done enough research on personal reviews and experiences, I found decent reviews on punch it performance's tunes and bought the tuner and tunes. But lately there is here say on some Facebook pages that the tunes are junk and were copied from another tuner. Just curious on everyone's input. Don't want to shoot myself in the foot out of the gate.

sootie

Reaction score
cant help you with punch it but i have had awesome tunes from Matt @ Gearhead. they are clean and power with great customer service to boot...

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
never heard of them.. i would stay away from small shops tuning your 6.4L. get a bigger, more reputable company to tune it. Innovative or Gearhead would be my choice. Let me know if you want to go that route.

MINK

Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with trying new tuning, if your truck runs well and you like the tunes then heck with it.

but yes Gearthead and Innovative are the common trusted tunners.

are you having issues with your tunes and service or just dont like what some are saying?

barnett182010

Reaction score
I just seen some post on Facebook. Some saying he steals tunes some saying his tunes kill trannys. I haven't installed them yet I'm out of town for a few more days so it's still in the box at home just wondering if I should give them a shot or sell it.

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
ugysa7ad.jpg

This is after around 4,000 miles on there tunes.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I had their tunes on my truck, it seemed to run okay but the trans tuning was no good, lots of surge when you hit a certain rpm, and when I would hook a trailer up the truck would struggle to upshift. Once I switched to Eric's tuning I realized how much good tuning is worth. Bad tuning can cost you a motor or a trans so I would agree, buy tunes from a proven source.

GotStroke

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412626323.613400.jpg 42K stock/35k with mixed H&S canned tunes/Gearhead

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412626379.029311.jpg
6K on Gearhead tunes

(NOTE) ^^^^not to happy with the work on that particular cylinder. But that's aside from the point.

Last edited:

Dzlnut

Reaction score
I have punch it tunes, I run the 96hp tune daily. The tune smokes badly when taking off from a stop with light throttle. I hate that!!!!! I would love to have something else on my tuner but I cannot. Punch it says his tuners are compatible with custom tunes....they are not. I have been turned down by Innovative and Gearhead for being able to load their tunes on Punch it device. I have heard that Punch it tunes are possibly Innovatives .

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I have punch it tunes, I run the 96hp tune daily. The tune smokes badly when taking off from a stop with light throttle. I hate that!!!!! I would love to have something else on my tuner but I cannot. Punch it says his tuners are compatible with custom tunes....they are not. I have been turned down by Innovative and Gearhead for being able to load their tunes on Punch it device. I have heard that Punch it tunes are possibly Innovatives .

They have no relation to Innovative diesel.

Call Rudy's. They probably sell more punch it SCT's than anyone.

They have a pretty good relationship with him

dsberman94

Reaction score
Pretty sure they're on onroad devices that have had the programming in the device modified to accept custom, off-road, tuning. Almost positive my buddy got his Sct from them. The model name on the livewire did not have the "r" at the end. But he was still able to load innovative tuning onto it. But he thinks that punch it tuning is what killed his trans. If you can load delete tuning into it from punch it, it's a modified on road device.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Pretty sure they're on onroad devices that have had the programming in the device modified to accept custom, off-road, tuning. Almost positive my buddy got his Sct from them. The model name on the livewire did not have the "r" at the end. But he was still able to load innovative tuning onto it. But he thinks that punch it tuning is what killed his trans. If you can load delete tuning into it from punch it, it's a modified on road device.

Or it means someone has a calibration with user defined options ? No "modified" devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.