Punisher Truck Won't Start?

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Sorry for the derail Danny, when can you get your hands on a scan tool. If you know anyone with a diaplo tuner, they work for scanning

windrunner408

Reaction score
:whs: without something to see at least ICP and FICM voltage, it is a shot in the dark on where to start without just throwing more parts at the problem. You need a scanner for sure. Not sure if it matters but it sounds just my truck did when the HPOP died. JMO.

strokin6L

Reaction score
buddy was working on an '06 with same problem. Crank, crank, crank....sound like it would fire, but didn't. The truck had new HPOP, new injectors and still same issue. Ended up being the cam sensor. But you really gotta scan it to rule things out like said.

bcpsd

Reaction score
Have you called Doug yet? He should be able to help you diagnose the problem. He's helped me over the phone before.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
There are people on both sides that think they know what's up and they really dont. LOL

At any rate....the truck will be running soon I'm sure which is all Danny is concerned with right now.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Hopefully it'll run soon, I bet its that damn ficm but we won't know till he swaps the on from his 05 into it

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
I forget, anyone know if AE will show cam and crank sensor sync for startup?

I'm pretty sure it does.

OP, I'm thinking it's the hpop. Mine wouldn't build 500 and would shut off the same way. Check to see if your low pressure is rising in your cluster when cranking. Also hold down the drain valve in the oil filter housing to see it fills. And if you have a gauge to monitor hpo, put that into the port on the pump housing. Could be cam or crank sensor. AE would help big time right now. Sorry if some of these were mentioned before, I'm skimming with pages with my phone.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
if it turns over like it is, it must be building low pressure oil.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
the factory "gauge" is a switch once it builds enough low pressure 5-7 psi it will shoot up... so it wont really mean its building enough low pressure to make high pressure oil. My truck has started on 25psi low pressure too. it idles at 20ish.

I'd put my money on the crank sensor or cam pos sensor at this point. I'd really like to see what it does on AE

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
I know, I've seen a reman 6.0 that had a bad gerotor with no suction. You usually want to check just about everything in the system before throwing coin towards a new high pressure pump.

2006nytro

Reaction score
seems almost like a cps to me.. does the tach move when you crank on it?.. i bet ether cps or an oil issue.. sorry im no help just trying make some ones little light bulb come on..

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
On my old '04 the FICM went bad and the Cam sensor was toast. Worse yet, the Cam sensor and the bore were corroded pretty good as water got in there.

Chris

Dave

Reaction score
You would think he's cranked enough for a start...and plus once it fires it should keep running not just shut down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the vid. It's hard to see but there is some white diesel smoke coming out. I haven't finished running the stack kit yet so it's just coming out underneath the truck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DBBU7UvDPo

Just went through this with my father in laws truck. Swap the FICM it will fire right up

Marty

Reaction score
Danny, if you already purchased ae, and you still have the cable all you have to do is,call them and get an activation code.

At any rate, check oil level, pull Ficm fuse and pull oil filter out. Hold down on the drain while someone cranks. See if the bowl starts filling with oil.

Swap ficms if you can. Do you have any 5000 psi gauges around? You could check Icp mechanically. Icp sensor being plugged in or not wont matter.

You really need to have a scanner on it to check codes/other sensors. It could be the ipr, Hell you could also have a hpoil leak. You could do an air test on the try k as well.

Latest posts