Purchasing a new truck

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Guys, with my upcoming retirement from the Air Force, i am looking at buying a new truck once I am able to find a job that plays close to or more than what i am currently paid on active duty. Anyway, i have just a couple questions.

I am leaning towards ordering a truck exactly how i want it rather than just walking on a lot and driving away with something that doesnt suit my wants/needs. In your experiences, is it beneficial financially to build to order a truck? Does it save you any money in the long run or because it is a special order, it may cost a little more? Hoping that they allow me to swap some interior colors etc at no cost if at all possible. My wife seems to think it will cost me more. But if it does, so be it, i get what i WANT, and not what they have on the lot. Im looking at holding off til the 2016s come out, so that gives me time to know for sure any job i get that it is where i want to be long term. Gotta be smart about it, plus i am looking forward to the redesign. Thanks in advance.

Ken

zporta

Reaction score
i had a friend who was a salesman, i gave him a list of what i wanted and after about a week he found it. You might want to try that route first. I believe that with ordering the vehicle you pay MSRP and then get ford factory rebates, but im not positive.

Reaction score
It does not cost any more. I ordered mine so
I did not have to pay for additional items I did not want and was able to get some options you would not find here in the south on the lot. You get the same deal as what u would pay for one off the lot.

mfoltz

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy next year around spring and would hold off till the 16 comes out but I heard it's not the aluminum one I heard that won't come out till 2016 for the 2017 super duty I hope this isn't true

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
Ordering one is great way to go. That is what I have done on my last 3 trucks. No extra costs involved, pick what you like, leave out what you don't.

One thing I highly recommend is get the Nav system for one real reason, the back up camera is really good and easy to see out of.

Oh and look at min of 18" wheel way easier to find tires with a higher than 3100 ish lbs per tire. 17" tires are hard to find rated higher than that. Pretty easy to find 18" rated around 3600 lbs per tire.

leland88

Reaction score
Ordering one is great way to go. That is what I have done on my last 3 trucks. No extra costs involved, pick what you like, leave out what you don't.

One thing I highly recommend is get the Nav system for one real reason, the back up camera is really good and easy to see out of.

Oh and look at min of 18" wheel way easier to find tires with a higher than 3100 ish lbs per tire. 17" tires are hard to find rated higher than that. Pretty easy to find 18" rated around 3600 lbs per tire.

You dont need nav. To get the back up camera. I dont have nav but I have the screen dash and back up camera

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

WHY NOT

Reaction score
We have nav in both our vehicles and use it way more often than we ever though we would. I wound't get one with out it now. Even for just simple things like being down town somewhere and needing to get back to the highway. We bought both our vehicles slightly used and they happened to have the Nav systems in them.

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
You dont need nav. To get the back up camera. I dont have nav but I have the screen dash and back up camera

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I never said you HAD to get the Nav to get the back up camera. Only I highly recommend it since the screen is the whole Nav screen area VS a small chunk of the rear view mirror.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
The newer trucks 13+ I believe all have the center ford my touch screen and have it in that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
Depending on trade ins is where your best deal is.
Aged inventory usually has rebates and better financing.
I have a few 15s in stock and I am highly motivated to get your business. Do you know all the options that you want? I will gladly price one out for you

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I saw the first aluminum body f150 today, bed felt solid, doors felt solid, pretty impressed. I would wait if you're not in a rush.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Depending on trade ins is where your best deal is.
Aged inventory usually has rebates and better financing.
I have a few 15s in stock and I am highly motivated to get your business. Do you know all the options that you want? I will gladly price one out for you
I will let you know, need to look at all options
I saw the first aluminum body f150 today, bed felt solid, doors felt solid, pretty impressed. I would wait if you're not in a rush.
I'm definitely going to wait til at the earliest, 2016s come out. No hurry to buy yet, still need that after retirement job, lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.