Putting back to stock

workingdan

Reaction score
Hey guys, so im putting my truck back to stock and have a couple questions.
Can i put my stock exhaust back on and drive it with my de... tune still in the truck?
Anything i should look out for when going back to stock?

Only changing back to sell for a new super duty.
Thanks

workingdan

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you put the STOCK tune back,if youre going back to stock???
I will be, just want to know if i can drive it home from doing the exhaust. I am doing the exhaust swap at a shop and the rest at home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

doo dah

Reaction score
If you are running without the plugs in and on high sulfer tune you will be fine. You are planning on putting E G R back on?

JRLott

Reaction score
Two, options...tune to stock at the shop or don't drive a thousand miles before returning to stock tune and plugging in all the crap. For just a few miles without the plugs connected, and likely even with them connected, the truck will not care.

jetskier

Reaction score
Hey guys, so im putting my truck back to stock and have a couple questions.
Can i put my stock exhaust back on and drive it with my de... tune still in the truck?
Anything i should look out for when going back to stock?

Only changing back to sell for a new super duty.
Thanks

When I did it, I put the EGR pipe and connectors back and then the pipe with all the various connectors. Make sure to carefully cleaning the DEF injector. I may have some buildup on the tip. I just used water to soften it. After returning to stock on the MM, I had a DEF fault that triggered the 50 miles till 50 mph then it went to idle only mode after about 10 miles. I was able to drive to the dealer with the off tune and then return to stock before they hooked up the IDS. They will likely have to erase the ECM and then reflash with the latest calibration. I also topped off the DEF tank at the same time. Just last week after 6 months of running on-tunes on the EZ-Lynk, I got a NOx sensor code and then a DEF quality code. Same deal, back to the dealer. The latest strategy is smooth on my truck. I'm told the EZ-lynk tuning software coming out soon will have the option to build a tune with a current FORD calibration specific to your build and not the old universal crap from 2010-11 when the calibrations were disassembled. AKA the 2013 trans solenoid buzz when the TCM is tuned.

If you're wondering, I put it back to stock because of some weird tuning issues, cold start white smoke, low boost codes after heavy towing and it's nice without the exhaust smell. I only lost about 1 mpg. Towing mileage is the same.

workingdan

Reaction score
When I did it, I put the EGR pipe and connectors back and then the pipe with all the various connectors. Make sure to carefully cleaning the DEF injector. I may have some buildup on the tip. I just used water to soften it. After returning to stock on the MM, I had a DEF fault that triggered the 50 miles till 50 mph then it went to idle only mode after about 10 miles. I was able to drive to the dealer with the off tune and then return to stock before they hooked up the IDS. They will likely have to erase the ECM and then reflash with the latest calibration. I also topped off the DEF tank at the same time. Just last week after 6 months of running on-tunes on the EZ-Lynk, I got a NOx sensor code and then a DEF quality code. Same deal, back to the dealer. The latest strategy is smooth on my truck. I'm told the EZ-lynk tuning software coming out soon will have the option to build a tune with a current FORD calibration specific to your build and not the old universal crap from 2010-11 when the calibrations were disassembled. AKA the 2013 trans solenoid buzz when the TCM is tuned.

If you're wondering, I put it back to stock because of some weird tuning issues, cold start white smoke, low boost codes after heavy towing and it's nice without the exhaust smell. I only lost about 1 mpg. Towing mileage is the same.
Cool, thanks for the info. Put the egr stuff back on today. Looking to do the rest between Christmas and new years. I don't drive the truck in the winter so taking my time.

workingdan

Reaction score
Two, options...tune to stock at the shop or don't drive a thousand miles before returning to stock tune and plugging in all the crap. For just a few miles without the plugs connected, and likely even with them connected, the truck will not care.
Great thanks

workingdan

Reaction score
All back to stock now. Wanted to regen at start up. All good now. Thanks guys

Latest posts

Members online