question about replacing fuse panel

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ordered a new.fuse panel today. The circuit that controls my vacuum pump, reverse lights, etc is gone. Neither of.those functions.work so Im thinking I lost the + or -. Fuse panel.is.green inside with corrosion from windshield leak.

Do I have to reprogram anything? One mechanic at the stealership said "You're gonna have to get that reprogrammed since it interacts with the GEM". If its true, so be it. I was under the impression only the GEM neexed programming with replacement?

907DAVE

Reaction score
Put the old gem on the new panel, if it still works okay.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thats what Im trying to narrow down Dave! Thanks.

Heres my reasoning(lack of perhaps): i can see the telltale green corrosion if I remove the fuse block and look inside the panel. Im hoping the gem will get power to the circuit that is controlling the vacuum pump and my reverse lights. If that fixes the problem, great. If not, im looking at 560$ for a new gem. But I totally believe that is why I have no hvac controls and no reverse lights. The ac quit working initially. Then the reverse.lights quit after a few more rainstorms,lol.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thanks JL. Im flying blind really. The dealership.doesnt know. My buddy Bob used to work at the ford garage and is a huge diesel.dork. He mentioned the fuse panel first as they get corroded and crazy.**** happens.

Latest posts

Members online