Question on 2008 FX4 height

vr6dub

Reaction score
So I recently picked up this 08 F250 FX4 with 41k miles and have been trying to figure out if its stock height or if its been leveled/lifted. It has 20" American Racing rims with 12.5/35 Nitto Mud Grapplers on it. Has the traction bars and a 5" block in the rear, I think from eyeballing it and no spacers in the front. Now I've seen other FX4s that are the same height roughly but thats from seeing them on the freeway so I am guessing they are the same height. Any ideas/thoughts?

F250.jpg

Rene G

Reaction score
I'd say it has a 2.5"-3.5" lift on the front. I have a 5" block and a Icon 2.5" in the front and I have a bit of rake.

Edit: you might even have a 4.5" mine doesn't seem as high.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Tread doesn't look like Mud Grapplers.

I'd say 4.5" to 6" of lift given how small the 35's look under it and the space in the fender wells. I have Icon's 2.5" kit and 3" blocks. I don't have that much gap with 35's.

JMart

Reaction score
For comparison, this is 2.5" ready lift on 35" tires 2008 FX4

I would say you are 6" range.
Picture054.jpg

And in 08 FX4 had an FX4 sticker on the bed not a 4x4 sticker, and paint to match grill and dark grey bumpers. In 09 the Fx4 had chrome bumpers but still had the fx4 sticker not the 4x4 sticker.

Last edited:

vr6dub

Reaction score
This is mine when I had a 6" on 35's. Pretty similar I think
img3275.png

Frank_C,

Your truck is exactly what I want to get mine to look like with the 2 tone. So questions, the flares, are they add-on’s or are the flat edge of the fender painted? If they are flares, do you think I could get away with not painting the fender and just paint the lower portion and adding the pin stripe? I am debating getting rid of the flares I have or getting them painted at the same time and installing them later if wanted.

So the consensus is it has a 4 1/2 to 6" lift on it and I'm leaning more towards the 6" since mine looks a lot like Frank_Cs truck.

As for the FX4 and stickers and stuff, I don't know. The grill is color matched, the bumpers are painted dark gray as well.

Thanks to everyone for their opinions/help. All is greatly appreciated since I am still trying to figure this truck out. Sucks not knowing the history of something or what was installed by previous owners.

TripleE44

Reaction score
Frank_C,

Your truck is exactly what I want to get mine to look like with the 2 tone. So questions, the flares, are they add-on’s or are the flat edge of the fender painted? If they are flares, do you think I could get away with not painting the fender and just paint the lower portion and adding the pin stripe? I am debating getting rid of the flares I have or getting them painted at the same time and installing them later if wanted.

So the consensus is it has a 4 1/2 to 6" lift on it and I'm leaning more towards the 6" since mine looks a lot like Frank_Cs truck.

As for the FX4 and stickers and stuff, I don't know. The grill is color matched, the bumpers are painted dark gray as well.

Thanks to everyone for their opinions/help. All is greatly appreciated since I am still trying to figure this truck out. Sucks not knowing the history of something or what was installed by previous owners.

They never made a grey fx4 in 08/09 when they came with painted bumpers. Im betting you got the XLT sport. You probably have a grille that's all grey and looks like the majority of the chrome ones and doesn't look like this.

9-1181-4CED-AF13-60520BDBE724-329-000000C99D5780AE.jpg

vr6dub

Reaction score
TripleE44,

Hmm, guess I am still learning a lot about this truck all of which I greatly appreciate. This is the front end, it's the same color as the truck.
Front_zps3b1d0bb5.jpg

Frank_C

Reaction score
Frank_C,

The black flares on my truck are painted plastic covers that came with it from the factory. I'm not sure about painting them on, I am not very knowledgeable on painting and body work.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.