Questions on custom tuning 2012 6.7

Reaction score
this is my first post so bear with me, I have a 2012 6.7 that is deleted and has been running h&s box tuning for 30k. My questions is to those who have ran custom tunes from spe, gearhead etc what issues, if any, have came up and is it worth going to custom tunes from stock h&s. I don't race truck or tow large loads. mainly a daily driver that I enjoy playing a bit with.
I just had custom tunes on my 03 6.0 and it made a world of difference. Any experience would be appreciated

6.7powerstroke

Reaction score
this is my first post so bear with me, I have a 2012 6.7 that is deleted and has been running h&s box tuning for 30k. My questions is to those who have ran custom tunes from spe, gearhead etc what issues, if any, have came up and is it worth going to custom tunes from stock h&s. I don't race truck or tow large loads. mainly a daily driver that I enjoy playing a bit with.
I just had custom tunes on my 03 6.0 and it made a world of difference. Any experience would be appreciated

i was in the same boat as you when i deleted my truck i ran my canned tunes for while ..an read online about people putting gearhead tunes on there truck so i figured i would try it out an i was impressed with the difference.. little bit more power an way better trans shifting ..and from what i understand you can't find one person that didn't like there gearhead tunes ...i liked mine so much i talked my buddy into trying them out an all he could text me and say wow what a difference ..so i would recommend going with gearhead you will not be disappointed

Reaction score
have you had any issues with the truck since installing. I like the idea of the trans settings and added hp but don't want to make a great truck and motor have unnecessary issues. thanks for the fast response :thumbup:

6.7powerstroke

Reaction score
have you had any issues with the truck since installing. I like the idea of the trans settings and added hp but don't want to make a great truck and motor have unnecessary issues. thanks for the fast response :thumbup:

nope not one issue ...you will not be disappointed with gearhead

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
op- hit me up i offer a mcc and gearhead package for $425 , makes it a one stop shop and easy to navigate that way. gearhead tunes run VERY well and will help get every last bit of efficiency out of your engine.

Mattn

Reaction score
Does gearhead still tune for deleted trucks?
Also anyone know if gearhead has "turbo safe" like the H&S tunes

Reaction score
^^
how long have you been running gearhead tunes? ever been dyno'd?
could you tell a difference from box tune?
I know a lot of *&*& questions Im just gunshy on my 12 to do anything else. I want more power for sure though lol

sootie

Reaction score
^^
how long have you been running gearhead tunes? ever been dyno'd?
could you tell a difference from box tune?
I know a lot of *&*& questions Im just gunshy on my 12 to do anything else. I want more power for sure though lol

shifting is the major improvement.

under construction

Reaction score
I have had mine for 4 or 5 months. I have been on a dyno, but it was prior to these tunes. I could tell a difference in the tunes. It is a smoother power compared to the box tunes that were more like a on or off type thing. The shifting is the main thing though. The shifting is a lot more stock like with just the right amount of firmness.

Latest posts

Members online