Quick question 2003 6.0

Pmcmanus90

Reaction score
Quick question jus put a lot of stuff on my truck and jus wondering when u get in it is your fuel pressure suppose to drop? Mine is at 60 when I get in it good I've seen it drop to like 40 or a little lower any help is appreciated this is on my 2003 6.0

swinky

Reaction score
40 is a little low. Won't hurt anything in a short amount of time though. If you're going to run stock injectors forever I'd just replace the hfcm with a new one. Or just replace the filters if you haven't tried that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
You need a regulated return. That won't help your fp though. Sounds like the airdog isn't keeping up

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Pmcmanus90

Reaction score
Oh ok so what can I do? I heard two things I heard your suppose to only run the airdog and I heard that the airdog is just a lift pump to feed your stock pump and that's how I have it hooked up I just really want to get this straight

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
You say you have an AD150 low pressure pump right, not the AD2 high pressure? If so, it should be feeding the stock HFCM, which is a pretty proven setup overall. Not sure where the issue could be...no leaks anywhere?

If it is the AD2, that isn't uncommon. I found that if I turn my RR back to about 48psi, it helps hold pressure at WOT and I don't drop below 45psi. Not sure the logic behind that, but if I bump the RR up to 60ish, it will drop to 40psi WOT.

Reaction score
I have a like new unit on the shelf A-1000 . But my suggestion is not to use the AD to feed the A-1 because it will not keep up. been there before. PM if interested .

04stroker

Reaction score
Sounds like your stock pump is getting weak. He has a airdog 150 feeding a stock pump which has always worked great for me with a regulated return for that size injector. The airdog 2 is junk. I keep the stock pump as much as possible because availability is always easy you can get them anywhere.

Latest posts

Members online