race truck's new setup

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
So how are you going to torque these down on bare aluminum? There is no pressed in steel insert for the bolt holes. In fact I don't see any inserts in the heads or are these not final machined yet?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
These probably require twice the torque of the ones you have dealt with. Maybe that's why he is asking.

Can't wait to see how it runs. Looks great.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

That's exactly it, depending on the studs used torque yeild will fall between 250-325 ft lbs. if they are not final machined it shouldn't be an issue they just need to be drilled out and have inserts pressed in.

Boostfed

Reaction score
None needed, torque like factory as per empire today. I was concerned with the same thing, apparently they're thick enough to take the torque im guessing.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Sorry if I missed it, but is there no coolant flow through those heads?

91turbogsx

Reaction score
That's exactly it, depending on the studs used torque yeild will fall between 250-325 ft lbs. if they are not final machined it shouldn't be an issue they just need to be drilled out and have inserts pressed in.

After looking at the Cummins aluminum heads available it looks like they have steel inserts pressed in. Granted they are not as thick as these. Stock torque specs I wouldn't worry about it but 250-325 lbs/ft I could see the cause for concern.

I sure they will be the first testing these out to see if it holds up anyways. Has Empire actually ran these heads on an engine yet?

Boostfed

Reaction score
After looking at the Cummins aluminum heads available it looks like they have steel inserts pressed in. Granted they are not as thick as these. Stock torque specs I wouldn't worry about it but 250-325 lbs/ft I could see the cause for concern.

I sure they will be the first testing these out to see if it holds up anyways. Has Empire actually ran these heads on an engine yet?

No, we are doing the testing.

Reaction score
1bba5220.jpg

imelmo

Reaction score
This may be a premature question, but when are y'all gonna be trying to hit the track with it?

Latest posts

Members online