Radiator

Twan

Reaction score
Has anyone ever put a lager radiator in the 6.0? I'm waiting to get a custom one made in hopes to lower my temps more.
Anyone know of any shops that still build custom radiators. The shop I use to use closed up.
Thanks guys.

Commandos888

Reaction score
I must have put 9 or 10 of the Mishimoto Aluminum radiators in at my shop.
They work Great!!! Temp's are low as well,if the cooling system is up to power!.If it was up to me i would check into it.:thumbup:Aloha!

Last edited:

Twan

Reaction score
I was going to us mishimoto too, but I've decided to go much larger. I'm waiting at least 25% larger.

Twan

Reaction score
I will check them out, thanks guys.
I need more cooling because with the extra power my temps are climbing and i want to keep them lower so I can use the extra power.

alradco

Reaction score
Check out Alradco if you haven't already. They are a vendor on here and make radiators. I'm not positive if they can but they may be able to help you out.

Thanks for thinking of us. :toast:

We've started on the 6.0 Intercooler and are planning to get going on the 6.0 Radiator late January.

Peter

Twan

Reaction score
Thanks for thinking of us. :toast:

We've started on the 6.0 Intercooler and are planning to get going on the 6.0 Radiator late January.

Peter

Are you guys willing to make a larger radiator?
I'm waiting to get the most cooling I can. I'm swing high temps pulling and having to back off the throttle.

Twan

Reaction score
Yep. I'll see 240 on long passes, or in high winds pulling my 5th wheel.
Before anyone asks, yes I have checked the cooling system. I have a new snow plow fan clulch that's kicks full lock at 205-210 water. New T stat, water pump. Rpms are also up over 2500-3000.
This is pulling 17,000-19,000 also.

alradco

Reaction score
Are you guys willing to make a larger radiator?
I'm waiting to get the most cooling I can. I'm swing high temps pulling and having to back off the throttle.

Yes we are and one of the things we always look for is how to increase cooling capacity. We have a few local guys wanting a 6.0 radiator so it's just a matter of getting into the trucks and seeing how much room we have to work with, etc.
In case some of you guys are familiar with us. Here's a couple of pics of our 7.3 SD aluminum radiator with the stocker behind it. Made right here in the USA, $589 right now.

2cy14wj.jpg

beyjbk.jpg

Last edited:

Extended Power

Reaction score
Very nice radiator for sure!

Can someone tell me this?
If you mount a radiator flat, instead of upright, does it still "flow" correctly? (Providing the airflow is still available.)

ford rules

Reaction score
Very nice radiator for sure!

Can someone tell me this?
If you mount a radiator flat, instead of upright, does it still "flow" correctly? (Providing the airflow is still available.)

Seams pretty common to lay them way back in rock crawlers etc but never seen one laid flat completely.

alradco

Reaction score
Well, you guys convinced us. We're moving forward with the 6.0 Radiator. The 6.0 is very similar to the 7.3 so it should be pretty straight forward. We'll get started after the New Year and should be good to go by the end of January.

Thank you for all the compliments. The 6.0 Intercooler is underway as well.

Peter

Latest posts

Members online