Radio issue

YJSONLY

Reaction score
2015 f350 6.7 with navigation truck has 6,700 miles on it.

The fm radio is issue. Can be riding and just shuts off like you pressed the power button. Has done this 3-4 times in last week. But is random. And might not even happen. Can press power button and radio comes right back on.

Took to dealer. It did not do it with them. Have a call into customer care. Waiting for call back. No codes or tsbs. And ideas? On what the cause may be or what I can/need to do?

crashidy

Reaction score
My 09 had been doing this since new. Sometimes only one every couple months, sometimes 2 x in a long drive. Hit power, turns on. No problem. They will never figure out our.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

Reaction score
That's what they did for my 2015 F-550. It was doing exactly the same thing and they replaced the head unit. Been fine ever since and that was over a year ago.

TyCorr

Reaction score
If its the touch system its a blessing when its powered off. Its garbage. We just bought a new vehicle and purchased a cheaper model to avoid the touch system. Its got 90s level dial up speed.

Our 2015 explorer had the touch too and it would shut off in all modes randomly. The 16 sport we just traded fidnt dhut off but it was so dang slow..

Jomax

Reaction score
If its the touch system its a blessing when its powered off. Its garbage. We just bought a new vehicle and purchased a cheaper model to avoid the touch system. Its got 90s level dial up speed.

Our 2015 explorer had the touch too and it would shut off in all modes randomly. The 16 sport we just traded fidnt dhut off but it was so dang slow..

Guess I've had good luck, yes it's not smooth like my IPhone, but if you want to talk about slow, this CTS2 I just got it SLOW... You'd think edge would have it fast my now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
My cts is fast. Its instantaneous.

I like pushing the fan icon to increase fan speed and the having to wait an eternity for it to give me one increase in speed. Then push it again and hope the mfing pos caught it. Every. Single. One. Ive used.

Jomax

Reaction score
My cts is fast. Its instantaneous.

I like pushing the fan icon to increase fan speed and the having to wait an eternity for it to give me one increase in speed. Then push it again and hope the mfing pos caught it. Every. Single. One. Ive used.

Guess the CTS 2 went a step back. I've had to unplug it 4 times already because it froze lol.

Sucks you had bad luck with the sync. I've heard the sync 3 is way better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
Only gripe I have: putting the seat heat/ac on a touch screen only was stupid as hell... I miss manual buttons, could keep my eyes on the road.

YJSONLY

Reaction score
So on the way to the dealer for a new radio this morning. It shut off like it has been doing. They said ok. Don't matter you getting a new radio. We shall see.....

Latest posts

Members online