Radius arm drop bracket install ! HELP !

Tom-Teezy

Reaction score
I need to add radius arm brackets to my 2012 f250 and was curious if they could be installed without removing the coil and shocks ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
yes.

assuming you have already done the spacers or coil portion of your lift.

all you need is two floor jacks and you're golden

Zmann

Reaction score
shouldn't be a problem

you may need to remove one of the radius arm bolts from the top mount at the axle so the radius arm will drop without trying to pivot the axle then when you do the next bracket the radius arm will turn the axle and realign the mount for the first radius arm

if your on a lift or jacks and stands you could do them in concert without undoing the radius arm at the axle

if in a driveway the first method is safest IMHO

Last edited:

Tom-Teezy

Reaction score
Thanks guys ! Yes I have the coils and shocks already installed and come to find out I have to have the drops and I really dnt want to remove all tht if I dnt have to !

Zmann

Reaction score
it's not bad I did 4 links and removed my drop radius arm brackets and arms in my drive way

about 3 hours yours will be even quicker IMHO

Tom-Teezy

Reaction score
it's not bad I did 4 links and removed my drop radius arm brackets and arms in my drive way

about 3 hours yours will be even quicker IMHO

My only prob is my truck is supported by jack stands on the frame right behind the stock location so it's gonna be tricky to restand it in order to get the bracjets in ! I'm also not taking off my shocks or coil because it will be too much if I tried to do all that !

sootie

Reaction score
My only prob is my truck is supported by jack stands on the frame right behind the stock location so it's gonna be tricky to restand it in order to get the bracjets in ! I'm also not taking off my shocks or coil because it will be too much if I tried to do all that !

there is no need to remove coils or shocks in fact its probably easier with them in because then the axle doesn't move around as much.

if your stands are behind the factory mounts, there should be no clearance issue.

put a floor jack under the radius arm so when you pound the bolt out it doesnt drop and lower it slowly out of the way. install the drop mounts and then lift it back up into place.

Tom-Teezy

Reaction score
there is no need to remove coils or shocks in fact its probably easier with them in because then the axle doesn't move around as much.

if your stands are behind the factory mounts, there should be no clearance issue.

put a floor jack under the radius arm so when you pound the bolt out it doesnt drop and lower it slowly out of the way. install the drop mounts and then lift it back up into place.

But from what I saw in the instructions u have to remove the transfer case skid plate which is right where my stands are
29 te8e8u8a.jpg

And my coils have a bad bend in them which is why I need the brackets so when I take the bolt out of the arm at the frame it rotates more forward so I have to hopefully rotate the axel backward in order to line it up

Zmann

Reaction score
I was wondering if you had the Procomps that attach at the cross member

I read the directions for those real fast

mine were much more simple and worked just fine .

the coil bend is normal IMHO and a little twist in the radius arm axle isn't going to fix it ( compress any coil spring at both ends and it will want to bend out )
you do the drop to gain the caster adjustment

as far as your stands being right at the cross member I don't understand ? I did the whole deal with no jacks or stands if thats what your referring to

but I didn't have to unbolt the cross member
I would take a pic but I have removed all of that in favor of a 4 link

Last edited:

Tom-Teezy

Reaction score
I was wondering if you had the Procomps that attach at the cross member

I read the directions for those real fast

mine were much more simple and worked just fine .

the coil bend is normal IMHO and a little twist in the radius arm axle isn't going to fix it ( compress any coil spring at both ends and it will want to bend out )
you do the drop to gain the caster adjustment

as far as your stands being right at the cross member I don't understand ? I did the whole deal with no jacks or stands if thats what your referring to

but I didn't have to unbolt the cross member
I would take a pic but I have removed all of that in favor of a 4 link

My coils are bending so much they touch my front shock on my dual setup ! So when I rotate the arm down it takes enough of the bend out to get it off the shock . And my truck is on stands w the back wheels on the ground and the stands right behind the radius arm bracket on the frame .

Zmann

Reaction score
that is crazy coil deflection

couple of questions

1 did the coils get set properly into the coil seat at the bottom ?
2 is they something holding the coils from extending ?
3 if your axle was that twisted I would think your alignment would be fubared ?

4 confused why you have jackstands in place now ?

Tom-Teezy

Reaction score
that is crazy coil deflection

couple of questions

1 did the coils get set properly into the coil seat at the bottom ?
2 is they something holding the coils from extending ?
3 if your axle was that twisted I would think your alignment would be fubared ?

4 confused why you have jackstands in place now ?

Pretty sure they are seated in the bottom correctly

I have a spacer on top of the coil

No wheels on the front due to coil touching front shock so it's still on stands

I think my main prob is the arms with my 8" kit are too short to compensate for the extra 2.5" coil causing it to pitch more forward making it contact the shock

Zmann

Reaction score
well the coil may be rotated in the seat from when u did the spacer ?

I am not sure that would cause your issue since I have never installed a coil in the wrong orientation to see what happens but they do have the internal ramp to match the coil bottom for a reason