Ram pulls ahead!!!!

truckmaniac

Reaction score
I was watching Monday Night Football and Ram had a new commercial for their Heavy Duty line of trucks.

They now advertise Best Towing Capacity, Best Payload and Best Torque. My new 2015 Powerstroke is rated at 860 ft. #'s of torque. The new Ram is at 865 ft. #'s.

I hope Ford has a computer flash "up their sleeve" to put my Powerstroke back in the lead (like they did with the 2011's, after Chevy announce their horsepower/torque ratings)!

If not, I'm going to be plenty MAD , having to wait another year in Second Place!!!!

I've already sent an email to 3 different departments at Ford.com, letting them know what I think. I hope someone there is listening.

BK39

Reaction score
You're worried about 5lbs of tq? :walkin:

I'd rather see an updated media/stereo console with built in hotspot like GM is doing. That'd be nice.

Granted, if Dodge walked out and announced 100lbs of TQ more than ford, yes be upset. But 5 lbs.........not a huge deal.

bruce

Reaction score
I would just throw a match in the floor board, not even worth havin if it can't beat a dodge

truckmaniac

Reaction score
You're worried about 5lbs of tq? :walkin:

Ford was worried about Ram @850, so they took the Powerstroke to 860.

Back in 2011 Ford was worried about Chevy @396 horsepower and reflashed the Powerstroke to make 400 hp.

It's all about being #1 and as the Power Wars continue, we Win!

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
I bet hp is still the same too, ain't it? Lol. This Cummins platform is dang near their max until they get ready to put the compounds on it. Not sure what they are waiting on

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Who told you that? Not saying it's not true, just wondering. I work for Cummins and I've been told they are just doing compounds on the current 6.7. Haven't heard anything about upping displacement.

That'd be titties!

Sounds like its time to trade her in and get a Ram. Don't want to miss out on 5lbft of torque.
:whs: Ford has a HUGE disadvantage!!!

lol

Although I will say that a 4th gen with factory compounds does rustle my trousers...My inner big rig driver would enjoy a 6spd 4th gen with 500hp, lots of terbercherger whistle and playing w/ the exh brake...

truckmaniac

Reaction score
It's more about temporarily being the Big Dog and advertising Hype than anything else.

Me being "MAD" was somewhat sarcastic. I was simply challenging Ford to give us a re-flash to put us ahead of Dodge. Taking the 2015 6.7 to 460+ HP and 900 Ft.LBS. of torque can easily be done with an ECM flash/update.

The info I got on the 7.1 Cummins was good, just not for the RAM. It appears that it's going to be used in some of the Cummins powered Generator-Sets, not their pick-ups.

mattymx

Reaction score
It's more about temporarily being the Big Dog and advertising Hype than anything else.

Me being "MAD" was somewhat sarcastic. I was simply challenging Ford to give us a re-flash to put us ahead of Dodge. Taking the 2015 6.7 to 460+ HP and 900 Ft.LBS. of torque can easily be done with an ECM flash/update.

That's easier said than done. The tune needs to be certified as emissions complaint and that's a big hoop to jump through.

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
Hype? I dont know, I think everyone in the diesel world could give a chit about 5lb/ft of torque. The compounds thing is interesting though.

Latest posts

Members online