Random noise

Arconalloy

Reaction score
I might be a little crazy but I promise I keep hearing a random beep coming from somewhere in the truck sounds like it's somewhere in the front under the dash toward the passenger side. Not a high pitch beep, hard to explain but it's more like a "bloop" sound. I've heard it a handful of times now and finally heard it today sitting still no radio and ideas it's a 14

Platinum250Scorpion

Reaction score
I've heard what I think you're talking about in my '14 after shuttin it off. It usually lasts intermittently for just a few seconds. It sounds like a vacuum selenoid to me. Then towards the front if the engine bay I hear an about second long electrical buzz once and the truck finally relaxes. I'm down with the autobot theory lol. My '11 did the same thing.

- A vet' that's gone from a 7.3 to a 6.7, tryin to gather info & help out when I can. New to the 6.7 & PSA. Please excuse my potential FNG ways.

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Haha I wish it was some kinda bad ass autobot but no doubt this is a beep. I hear the buzz and all the clicking going on under the hood all the time as well but this is in the cab idk what it is proly just the Feds turning the speaker on to listen in on occasions ha

Arconalloy

Reaction score
I hear it everyday now, doubt it's the trans since today while on break at work a buddy and I walked out and were sitting in the truck with the key turned to acc and the radio down low we both caught the beep. Truck was off! Happens about 8-10 min after getting in the truck

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I sat under my truck for 30 minutes on a crawler and made a video and sent it to H&S. I know my buzzing sound is coming from the trans... Maybe there is more than one sound?

There are several threads regarding this buzzing sound coming from the transmission .

Last edited:

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Yea I've heard the buzzing since the day I bought it but this beep is just a single distinct "beep" in the cab just started hearing it about a month ago

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Just hop in the truck leave the doors shut windows up turn the key to acc "don't start" turn the radio all the way down and listen. Mine happens in a five minute window when it does. It doesn't happen everytime. The beep seems like it's coming from around the cup holders but hard to tell since it does it when it wants ya know

Arconalloy

Reaction score
One way to find out I'll give it a try to see if it's the same beep. I would really like to know how pressing the unlock button on the fob is triggering a beep in the pan though haha

Latest posts

Members online