RCD 6.4 up-pipe/manifold and their oil pan...

GSchretter

Reaction score
Well truck all put together and took her out for a little drive.

1. RCD Oil Pan -
Okay it did make a difference with EOT (Oil) temp and dropped about 5 degree the whole time. At idle temp dropped about 10 degrees from where it normally sits at and for me $600 for that is a good investment. Nice thick pan and but 1/2 the weight as the steel pan. Now the temp difference were on a 43 degree day and I bet on a hot day the temp difference will be more. I recorded temps on different days and I will compare.

2. Up-pipe / Manifold-
You can hear the GRRR..
Temps did drop from 550 to 483 on straight road at 65.
The headers are tighter to the engine and leave lots of room to cover them with some type of exhaust wrap.

You think the cold side intercooler pipe is restrictive? Boy that's nothing compared the OEM manifold to RCD 6.4 manifold. WOW!

Up-Pipes are a perfect fit and perform fantasic.

Together they have made lots more HP the whole RPM range. Low end is just sick.

I looked at other manifolds and I didn't like them as compared the 6.4 because of the tight fit against the head but has no restriction of any type.

As with all headers they work on different RPM range and i think RCD 6.4 are best for low/mid and RCD 6.0 is more for mid/high end when comparing the two.

Maybe someone from RCD could chime in.

I wish companies that made/sold aftermarket products would actually do product comparsions.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
You'll see that as the new oil pan acts as an air-cooled setup, the higher the atmospheric temperature, the less it's going to be able to lower oil temperature

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
I just bought the SS RCD 6.0 style log manifolds and up pipes for my 6.4. Def bad ass looking pieces. Cant wait to run them in the next couple weeks!

GSchretter

Reaction score
I just bought the SS RCD 6.0 style log manifolds and up pipes for my 6.4. Def bad ass looking pieces. Cant wait to run them in the next couple weeks!

Kind of think I might of been happier with the 6.0 like yours but I was in a rush so...

Also you can wrap your manifold better than what I had to do.

Latest posts

Members online