RCD CP3 Kit Install

78f100

Reaction score
Looks good, but why cant you just drill the hole instead of cutting the side out of the rocker box? Could you use another fuel rail grommet at the new port, or is the custom line dif size than the factory rail inlet?

Nos_GTSR

Reaction score
Looks good, but why cant you just drill the hole instead of cutting the side out of the rocker box? Could you use another fuel rail grommet at the new port, or is the custom line dif size than the factory rail inlet?

Grommets come in all sizes. I have some concerns about this.

Last edited:

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Theres no room for a grommet to sit rtv seals everything as long as you use something good nothing to worry about

Smokyred

Reaction score
its something new to the market of course people are gonna have to find something to complain about

It's a good deal for someone needing dual pumps, I think it's too bad that part couldn't have been a little better executed. I personally don't like the idea of cutting up my rocker box and sealing it with RTV, but that's just me.

Dave

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
It's a good deal for someone needing dual pumps, I think it's too bad that part couldn't have been a little better executed. I personally don't like the idea of cutting up my rocker box and sealing it with RTV, but that's just me.

Dave

It'll most likely be executed more efficiently down the road. Ill let Josh know everyone has this big issue with it..

08SUPERKING

Reaction score
that can alway be addressed later the main part is how it works and if its what people need to keep this power strokes feed with fuel they need... And proof to be reliable...

Thanks,

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
that can alway be addressed later the main part is how it works and if its what people need to keep this power strokes feed with fuel they need... And proof to be reliable...

Thanks,

There's trucks out there with large fuel with these, no problem, remember, a cp3 can be maxxed to much higher capacity than a k16 with less durability issues.

Reliability, we tested this set up for 18 months before it went live, and Matt from Spartan has had his kit a while now as well, maybe he will chime in..

78f100

Reaction score
I am not complaining about it at all it looks good, was just asking if a grommet could be used is all. Its kinda hard to tell if there is room to install one in the pic. Its not a big deal to me either way.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
so the pump only feeds one rail?

Yes but that really doesnt matter since they are both common rails the pressure equalizes in both rails, in an ideal world you would want one pump feeding each rail with a crossover tube or something to equalize pressure in both rails, in conjunction with a rail pressure sensor in both rails to make sure they are both equal, but for the most part feeding one rail isnt a big deal

As far as bitching about the rocker box mod, i just think that most people dont feel comfortable with that much silicon near the engine, as well as dealing with possible leaks with the valve cover and the rail. I do agree however that only having one line is much simpler than adding 4-5 lines like other kits, basically a trade-off on what each person feels is the best way to do it.

Craig has your truck been running yet since the pump swap?

6.4psd916

Reaction score
If you look at the 4th picture it goes from the pump, through the rocker box, then into the passenger rail. So it feeds one rail, but pressure should equal.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Our new regulated return kits

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344639143.380241.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344639143.380241.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 337
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344639160.771076.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344639160.771076.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 315
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344639172.595578.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344639172.595578.jpg