rcd or swamps injectors

Stroker04

Reaction score
in our experience..the torque number can be misleading...and allow for mis installations...

most of the time the the torque wrench would 'click' at the specified torque...AS the copper washer jusssssst starts to come into contact with the bottom of the injector cup (in the head)...

if you 'power through' that first click...then you'll be able to get another turn +/- on the torx bolt/hold down bolt..as the copper washer 'gives' and the injector is pulled firmly against the cup...creating the SEAL between the body of the injector and the combustion of the cylinder.

our instructions are explicit, and (if followed) will not allow for mis installation..& non-crush of the copper.

I've attached the 6L inj install instructions we ship out with every set of injs...

FWIW (and no offense to tenured "Ford" mechanics)...but we see more injector installation screw ups from the mechanic "who's been doing this for 20 years" LOL...since they (generally) do not/will not read the instructions..

obviously...a good installation is a good installation regardless of who does it...but for mechanics who've done a thousand installs on 7.3Ls...are generally the ones that completely fubar the 6L inj installs since the injector (6.0L) never gives the installer good, positive, definitive feedback that IT IS SEATED...since it's just being slowly drawn into the cup a half turn at a time..as opposed to being 'slammed' in and tightened...

I completely agree with you, and as far as the picture you posted goes that happened to me the first time I did an injector install..:doh:

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
I've ran Full Force and I currently have a set of RCD hybrids. Both injectors work well but i'm really impressed with the support from RCD. they've really stepped up their game in the last year or so...give Jared a shout and he'll get you hooked up.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
After a few "warrenty claims" which I had to pay for, supposedly due to mis installation, and still not having a truck that ran I finally sought a 3rd party opinion. Not a single injector flowed what it was supposed to. Not even close. And one of them was missing the internal orings causing massive oil contamination (why the truck wouldn't run). After confronting you about this all you did was bad mouth RCD saying they were the most dishonest shop in the industry and told me I was on my own. With a set of 4 month old injectors that weren't worth their weight in scrap I decided to have em redone by RCD or Full Force. FF having the best deal I went with them (nothing against RCD). I had them installed by the same person the same way he did before and I haven't had a problem ever since and the truck runs worlds better!

Edit: I was gonna keep this to myself until you sent that smart@$$ PM just so you know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your now the 2nd customer to report that swamps was trash talking river city.

Pretty weak

Krulikpulling

Reaction score
All i can do is laugh reading all this, A shop that has a rep like swamp's does you would think that you wouldn't be sh** talking on here about customers that have spent money with you.... just my thoughts..... I also have problems with you guys in the past and that is between you an me idc what everyone else thinks but i think it might be time to start standing behind your parts an the parts you sell and the part that was purchased threw you guys was installed by one of your dealers and still wouldnt stand behind it and when i called elite where you purchased the "unbreakable" lpop that "BROKE" they said it was installed wrong an broke you would think you would stand behind it. This is why when the time came I took my business to a shop that returned my phone calls and treated their customer how they should be treated an i am talking about RCD "River City Diesel" Jared is great to deal with. I would still be dealing with them but decided to go a different wrote nothing against RCD They were awesome to deal with an very helpful. If I was still going the PS wrote theres no doubt that i wouldn't still be dealing with them..... Jared and Josh are very helpful !!!

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
After a few "warrenty claims" which I had to pay for, supposedly due to mis installation, and still not having a truck that ran I finally sought a 3rd party opinion. Not a single injector flowed what it was supposed to. Not even close. And one of them was missing the internal orings causing massive oil contamination (why the truck wouldn't run). After confronting you about this all you did was bad mouth RCD saying they were the most dishonest shop in the industry and told me I was on my own. With a set of 4 month old injectors that weren't worth their weight in scrap I decided to have em redone by RCD or Full Force. FF having the best deal I went with them (nothing against RCD). I had them installed by the same person the same way he did before and I haven't had a problem ever since and the truck runs worlds better!

Edit: I was gonna keep this to myself until you sent that smart@$$ PM just so you know

the injector not being seated is what contaminated your oil with fuel.

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
the injector not being seated is what contaminated your oil with fuel.

Not that that extent. It was like 5 quarts of fuel in less than 2 weeks. There was an injector that did not have the o rings inside and that's where it was all coming from. I had sent all 8 injectors down to swamps to get checked out to figure out the problem and they got sent back to me with a bill for disassembly to check them. And I get them back and one has missing o rings... If I had to guess they didn't even get opened up down there

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
All i can do is laugh reading all this, A shop that has a rep like swamp's does you would think that you wouldn't be sh** talking on here about customers that have spent money with you.... just my thoughts..... I also have problems with you guys in the past and that is between you an me idc what everyone else thinks but i think it might be time to start standing behind your parts an the parts you sell and the part that was purchased threw you guys was installed by one of your dealers and still wouldnt stand behind it and when i called elite where you purchased the "unbreakable" lpop that "BROKE" they said it was installed wrong an broke you would think you would stand behind it. This is why when the time came I took my business to a shop that returned my phone calls and treated their customer how they should be treated an i am talking about RCD "River City Diesel" Jared is great to deal with. I would still be dealing with them but decided to go a different wrote nothing against RCD They were awesome to deal with an very helpful. If I was still going the PS wrote theres no doubt that i wouldn't still be dealing with them..... Jared and Josh are very helpful !!!

Thank you Trent. You better call me at the progress show this year

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Not that that extent. It was like 5 quarts of fuel in less than 2 weeks. There was an injector that did not have the o rings inside and that's where it was all coming from. I had sent all 8 injectors down to swamps to get checked out to figure out the problem and they got sent back to me with a bill for disassembly to check them. And I get them back and one has missing o rings... If I had to guess they didn't even get opened up down there

Which o-rings? Internal/external? What are we talking here? Im assuming you pulled the spool valve solenoid and body apart to make sure one of the two internal o-rings were missing?

Also, Kyle is correct, from the looks of the install, you see the two external washers? The lack of torque on the hold down was allowing the combustion gas/heat to get past the copper washer. You know what happens next? The lower o-ring melts and breaks the seal on the fuel inlet side of the injector. Ding ding, now you know where your oil came from. You can clearly see in the picture posted the external o-ring was compromised. From mis-installation.

If I got an injector back and it looked like what Dave posted, I would laugh if someone was trying to tell me it was my fault. That just shows that the mechanic installing them was incompetent and not the builder.

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
Which o-rings? Internal/external? What are we talking here? Im assuming you pulled the spool valve solenoid and body apart to make sure one of the two internal o-rings were missing?

Also, Kyle is correct, from the looks of the install, you see the two external washers? The lack of torque on the hold down was allowing the combustion gas/heat to get past the copper washer. You know what happens next? The lower o-ring melts and breaks the seal on the fuel inlet side of the injector. Ding ding, now you know where your oil came from. You can clearly see in the picture posted the external o-ring was compromised. From mis-installation.

If I got an injector back and it looked like what Dave posted, I would laugh if someone was trying to tell me it was my fault. That just shows that the mechanic installing them was incompetent and not the builder.

It was the internal o rings that were missing. And on this last straw issue there were no misinstallations. I sent him all 8 injectors to trouble shoot with hardly any run time of the because of the crazy amount of fuel contamination. And I got em back saying they were fine with a huge bill to inspect em. That's when I wanted another opinion and learned of the o rings missing. I don't think they ever even got opened up down there

Latest posts

Members online