Ready to d****e

chaselee

Reaction score
Park the truck where you intend to do the E G R D_tete. Download your tune and make sure it starts. Once you know it starts, turn it off and do your exhaust. Then at your will do the egr. I wasted 4-5 days to do mine and it was fine. Most importantly download the tune first before you ever loosen a bolt.

chaselee

Reaction score
Park the truck where you intend to do the D P F d_lete. Download your tune and make sure it starts. Once you know it starts, turn it off and do your exhaust. Then at your will do the egr. I wasted 4-5 days to do mine and it was fine. Most importantly download the tune first before you ever loosen a bolt.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
chase-

you're plenty fine to do the d p f part now and the egr later ! glad you remembered to do the tuner first !

chaselee

Reaction score
Sorry for the double post. The first one was supposed to say D P F first. I thought I edited, guess not.:shrug:

CMCx2012

Reaction score
The mods that you have chosen are really going to wake that truck up! I have them on my truck and I couldn't be any happier with it now!! I was skeptical at first but it was all worth it in the end. Good luck with your project :)

+1 on NL- Mike and his company are great to deal with!

Last edited:

mad342

Reaction score
It's all on!! Must say, I am pretty impressed. I'm only running tune on "street" and it's plenty of power. Will play around with other tunes once I get some miles on it.

Don't know where I heard 4 hours for the under hood work, but that was BS. That lower clamp on the hose that gets replaced is miserable without speciality clamp tool that I do NOT have. Everything else pretty straight forward.

MPGs were up to 19.2 with just the exhaust according to the highly accurate dash readout. Excited to see what it is with intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lugger007

Reaction score
chase-

you're plenty fine to do the d p f part now and the egr later ! glad you remembered to do the tuner first !

Mike, if the tune and d p fare done on the same day, how long is it save to wait to remove the egr? Couple days or is a few weeks ok? I am doing same upgrades to my truck and not sure I'll have time to start the egr process today once I finish the tune and d p f.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
As long as you want. It doesn't hurt anything to leave it there as it is not functioning.

Notneb

Reaction score
As long as it's shut off it's fine, I ran my 2012 with the EGR on for 2 years, when I took it off, it wasn't clogged at all.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.