Real Tuning

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
in other words, engine only tunes via obd port and no trans tuning yet?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

correct. there will be trans flash using another device until ez-lynk has a trans flash thru obd2 .

rabbman6.0

Reaction score
Does the tuning get rid of torque managment in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd?

I assume it does but thought I'd ask.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Maybe this is just me here, but LOTS of people have been updating their EZlynks since yesterday. They are all loading these 150 HP tunes and finding out what they are made of without hesitation...all on a stock trans file. Its been said that its "safe" at those power levels with the stock cal, but how can that be truly safe? I just hope a bunch of people dont start posting on the forums and blaming Ford for a crappy trans on the 17s or blaming Ford for not covering these things under warranty. While I'm extremely excited that the OBDII flash for the engine is available (Progress!!), I think Im going to hold off until we have some trans tuning through one device to back the added power levels.

maxxedout

Reaction score
Maybe this is just me here, but LOTS of people have been updating their EZlynks since yesterday. They are all loading these 150 HP tunes and finding out what they are made of without hesitation...all on a stock trans file. Its been said that its "safe" at those power levels with the stock cal, but how can that be truly safe? I just hope a bunch of people dont start posting on the forums and blaming Ford for a crappy trans on the 17s or blaming Ford for not covering these things under warranty. While I'm extremely excited that the OBDII flash for the engine is available (Progress!!), I think Im going to hold off until we have some trans tuning through one device to back the added power levels.

I agree with you 100%. It's absolutely fantastic that we can now tune these trucks via OBDII, but the lack of transmission tuning is my reason for holding off a little while longer. There are videos all over social media of people "enjoying" the new tunes, so it's only a matter of time before someone breaks something lol. Again, this is a huge step forward, and I'm sure transmission tuning won't be far behind.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i think mid power tunes are no problemo on the trans, but i wont be romping around in the 150 tune .

maxxedout

Reaction score
I think Kory has a 75HP tune, and I would assume that would be pretty safe with a stock transmission file. I really have no intention of going crazy with this truck, at least not until it's paid for. I just want a mild bump in power and all the garbage underneath gone. I'll let people with deeper pockets than me figure out what the trucks are really capable of.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
ive been testing all day, 120 in the sotf feels really good.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
do you have the other device for trans tuning or are you not going balls out so the trans stays together?

i do not , i will in a few days here. i'm certainly in no rush, i have a couple others here that are a wee bit funner .

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Well mine is done woohoo
thoughts on how it runs? any issues that you would like to see changed or are they good for now?

only asking because i have someone out here in NY that is interested but wants to make sure that there are no glitches or issues before buying a device.

and that question is for anyone else who has tuned the 17 6.7s also.

Latest posts

Members online