Really considering a 6oh...

Jake

Reaction score
Both my 7.3's are over 200k miles and the superduty is getting closer to needing some major stuff...transmission, injectors, turbo. I have really been thinking about getting a lower mileage truck.

What would be best to be done to a 6oh when getting it?

If I do I was first off thinking about getting a tuner, just need a HEAVY tow tune, and daily driver, cat delete, coolant filter. What else?

What to look for in a used one? other than the obvious? It must have less than 100k miles. I would like lower the better. There is one with 26k miles that we thought about going to look at it is an 07. Must be 4x4 Dually CCLB. Prefer 4.10 gears too since the new trailer is going to be 10k empty up to 18k loaded.

Jake

Reaction score
Ok I forgot about the oil cooler. Do the newer trucks have a better oil cooler on them or are they all the same and just get an aftermarket one?

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Definitely oil cooler you never know if the prev guy took care of it... I got mine two months later oil cooler was clogged and egr cooler had a leak... Def coolant filter after what I found in the system and the cooler when we cut it open...

Jake

Reaction score
The first thing I was thinking was the filter. I would like to put an air dog also but we will see

Sent by smoke signals

imelmo

Reaction score
I love 6.0's now that I'm a lot more familiar with 'em. Just have a lot different feel than a 7.3. Plus you can pick 'em up pretty cheap usually. Pm PTSUPERD. He's been converted too. :D

Jake

Reaction score
We took my buddies truck to a show last weekend towing my trailer 13,000 lb and it does great and I love the way the 4r100 works on it. Big thing is lower mileage truck, but I don't know if I want a payment. Haven't had a truck payment in seven years.

Sent by smoke signals

imelmo

Reaction score
We took my buddies truck to a show last weekend towing my trailer 13,000 lb and it does great and I love the way the 4r100 works on it. Big thing is lower mileage truck, but I don't know if I want a payment. Haven't had a truck payment in seven years.

Sent by smoke signals

5R110. ;)

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Great platform with a bad rep. Ditch the Egr system with a new oil cooler and studs, sct and enjoy.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
definitley a great truck, just gta fix a few issues....everythining everyone said, id also to the blue fuel pressure spring....i love my 6.0