Rear doors are rusting?????????

Highroller54

Reaction score
I was looking at my truck today and the seam on the inside is rusting on both rear doors only on the upper half. The truck has 50,000 km on it 2009 crew and has been loved its whole life. No rust anywhere else, I don't live in a real bad part of Canada and even if I did its always the bottom not the top that rusts. Anyone else had trouble? It's all puffy and I can poke the paint off very easy. The paint was not cracked/chipped/rubbed before I poked it.

Highroller54

Reaction score
Warranty cover it? I've never noticed it like this on any other truck I have ever had in the shop. My other trucks didn't do it :(

Atsah

Reaction score
I would say that is not normal.. Any truck I have had here in Maine rusts at the bottom of the doors.. I would look into the warrenty if it was my truck.. That's just not right for a truck that has been taken care of IMO..

Big Stroker 6.4

Reaction score
It's not warranty. Already tried that. Normal for the super duty to rust at the bottom corner of the windows. It sucks but its how it is.

Yup, just went through this with Ford. All four bottom corners of my windows had dime sized rust spots that Ford refused to warranty. I paid to have them touched up.

Atsah

Reaction score
That's crazy.. Mine did it at the bottom of the doors but on my 12 year old 6.0, it never went further than that nor did it on my 02 7.3..

Highroller54

Reaction score
I checked every superduty on my lot, nothing under 200,000 km and none are rusted like mine but you are right on the warranty saying no. Mines not at the window corners, its at the top on the inside of the seam were the door skin is folded over. Like they sat outside and got rusty before ford painted them lol. I would say if I have these doors fixed it will just come through again. Very sad.
WTB: mint rear black crew doors lol

Mdub707

Reaction score
My 06 had the paint chip off then rust out on all 4 bottoms of the doors. Might chalk it up to salty roads...except I've also got large rust spots around a few cab lights now too. Really nice looking.

Big Stroker 6.4

Reaction score
where and how much? They quoted me $1000 a door up here haha

Ha ya, thats why I never did the full repair.. Spraying all four doors was just too much. I deal with First Choice in RD, I grew up with the shop foreman and deal with them daily through work so my cost wasn't much. Plus I had them do a bunch of other painting on the truck at the time so it was all washed into one invoice. I had them sand down the rust spots to bare metal, spot prime and then spot paint. It looks good, not great, but atleast the cancer is gone for now. How big are your rust spots?

mclean

Reaction score
Ha ya, thats why I never did the full repair.. Spraying all four doors was just too much. I deal with First Choice in RD, I grew up with the shop foreman and deal with them daily through work so my cost wasn't much. Plus I had them do a bunch of other painting on the truck at the time so it was all washed into one invoice. I had them sand down the rust spots to bare metal, spot prime and then spot paint. It looks good, not great, but atleast the cancer is gone for now. How big are your rust spots?

The two passanfer doors are down to bare metal the size of a quarter. The drivers side will be the same very shortly. Brutal

I have a contact here in Edmonton, did all 4 doors and front bumper for $2k cash.

I may be interested in that contact.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2

Sahrens0202

Reaction score
Got 60k miles on mine and same thing. Rear doors up top were the seam is. I saw the bubble and poked it and was like seriously!??!? Couldn't believe it.

p8ntballn2

Reaction score
mine is doing it at the seam on the passenger side rear door right in the middle. just noticed it about 4 months ago. 08 CC SB w/ 96K Miles job 1. unreal. my 03 never did that.

Highroller54

Reaction score
Over the last few months and dealing witg this I sent ford pics, then told me they have never seen anything like this before, told me to get quotes, took time off work so I could go to a different town of the body shop they said to use and then after all that told me to pack sand. Said because my truck was used when I bought it they don't know this history of it. It's a 2009 with all original paint and 30,000 miles.

Highroller54

Reaction score
Still has bumper to bumper warranty $3500.00 ford premium care? I thought it was real bs, I buy thousands of dollars of ford parts for my shop every month but must admit I will look elsewhere now.

Latest posts

Members online