rear driveshaft

jngreen

Reaction score
Anyone have one that will fit my 2000, that is around or close to central Indiana? I would be willing to drive to Ohio or Illinois if within a few hours of me.

My truck is a 4x4 crewcab shortbed with an auto. I have had some issues with the slipjoint and now I believe I have lost a balance weight because it has a bad vibration. It has some rust in the shape of a perfect circle, where I believe there was a weight. I'm still looking for a good driveline shop but I believe this could be a better option.

If someone has a parts truck with a good driveshaft, let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited:

jngreen

Reaction score
The problem with going to a driveline shop is that I already know that I need a new slip yoke or a new top shaft to replace the splines on the slip yoke, from previous damage from lack of lubrication. Now the bottom half of the shaft needs to be balanced because of the missing weight. I figure that I can get a good used driveshaft for $100 bucks or so, which would probably be cheaper than what a driveline shop will fix my shaft for. I'm just hoping to get lucky and find someone with a parts truck who has exactly what I need.

But to answer your question, no there are no Ryder trucks in my area.

Fl Stroker

Reaction score
I had the same problem a few years ago. Ford uses odd sizes that are proprietary to them. The slip was not doing to good. I was advised by a friend that works on a laithe building drive shafts to instead of building a new one that i would be better off with a new one from Ford due to vibrations at high speeds. He ended up drilling and tapping a grease fitting on the yoke to keep it greased and it lasted another year or so.

Hope this helps

kadeninabnitt

Reaction score
Accurate Driveline and Machine 8360 W Washington St Indianapo lis, IN 46231-1349 (p) 317.481.0495 | (f) 317.481.1080 (Toll Free) 877.836.5334 found this via Google still looking for the other number for the one in waverly

Latest posts

Members online