rear leaf spring pack

jbolen323

Reaction score
So what is everyone's thoughts on removing a few metal pieces from the rear leaf spring pack ? A guy mentioned that i should think about removing the overload spring in the rear on my truck since it is NOT a towing truck and more of quality of ride especially that i have coil overs up front now, saving up to do some deavers but wondering if anyone has done this as a temporary solution and if it would actually help ?

psduser1

Reaction score
Removing the overload won't change anything, ride wise. If you don't tow, ditch em.
Then pull the main spring pack apart and pull one, maybe two leaves out. Bolt them back together, and check your ride height. Probably need a taller block, and probably traction bars, if you want to do a hard launch.
Or buy a lighter weight spring pack and track bars.

sootie

Reaction score
remove your helpers from the top (the ones that touch the frame brackets when you tow or put a load in the bed) and remove the overload spring from the bottom of the pack(the fat one that is almost flat-shorter than the others). You should be left with two main leafs(the ones with the shackle eyes) and possibly two more. That will make it ride softer but you will lose just over an inch of height.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.