Rear power slider

idkillinit

Reaction score
Alright someone thought I didn't deserve my rear window anymore while im in cali. It's covered and safe now but when I called the glass place they said to much work to make money on because rear seats n all have to come out. I've had the whole rear apart before doing subs so does anyone know how hard it is to do it yourself. Dealer wants 1200 installed and i can get new glass shipped for 550. Please chime in if you have done a power slider. Thanks

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Just replace it with a solid back glas unless you like the slider, i think mine has been opened twice

idkillinit

Reaction score
Yea that's what I'm thinking about doing but I'm also thinking about re sale. I'm wondering how hard the install is because its like a windshield from what i understand

Dzchey21

Reaction score
My full rear glass is glued in like a windshield I have no idea how the sliders are

Zmann

Reaction score
I was following a newer super duty and the slider was glued in unlike My 06 with weather stripping

I bet you could have a glass guy do it on the side if you do all the prep and button up work you could save some coin plus it's probably best to have 2 people get it in place

why isn't this covered under insurance ? deductible? in AZ We get 0 deduct glass coverage on all glass

I use my slider tons specially when backing a trailer or at night ,, being the glass is tinted it is a biotch to see through..that and when cruising if the slide is open the wind from the open windows up front seems to smooth out and not whip in your face

Last edited:

Agjake11

Reaction score
My full rear glass is glued in like a windshield I have no idea how the sliders are

the 08+ windows are glued in. mine was replaced with one when the original was broken.

OP Its about getting it lined up and spaced out correctly so it seals properly. removing the rear seat isnt needed but you will need to remove the b pillars and pull the headliner forward to get access and the extra space would help. if you had a buddy to help you get it out it wouldnt take more then 30 minutes to get it out

idkillinit

Reaction score
Very cool guys thanks. It is glued in. They said its covered under comp ins but i have a 1000 deductable. Never even checked it b4. No idea why its not 250 like it was on my trailblazer Ss. I was a lottoe upset to hear that to say the least.

Agjake11

Reaction score
Thats exactly what happened to me. had to fix the window then let them look at it before i could drop my comp to 250

Zmann

Reaction score
Those glass guys have so many specialty tools
I would be afraid I would waste the paint near the window

Agjake11

wouldn't pulling the seal make it easier to get to the motor ?

Agjake11

Reaction score
motor is mounted high up on the back wall on the passenger side. if you pull that trim piece and fold the passenger rear seat down you can get to it.

OP can you get me pics of the trim pieces, c pillars, and headliner where they meet the back window?

Zmann

Reaction score
Ahh I just put 2 and 3 together lol

you have one that was a weatherstripped model replaced with a glue in ,,,,,,, I was wondering if that was possible the other day.

I noticed the center glass was a little different than the older ones ?
any advantage to the newer style or was this just easy to get when you were at the junkyard ?

idkillinit

Reaction score
I'm still in cali but when I get home I will. And when I do it I'm gonna take pics and do a full write up. My buddy said its pretty simple just gotta get it clean.

Agjake11

Reaction score
Ahh I just put 2 and 3 together lol

you have one that was a weatherstripped model replaced with a glue in ,,,,,,, I was wondering if that was possible the other day.

I noticed the center glass was a little different than the older ones ?
any advantage to the newer style or was this just easy to get when you were at the junkyard ?

yup. it happened by chance that they had the 08+ glass and i didnt know it till after they tried to install it the first time. they tried to glue it straight to the cab and it didt fit/seal correctly. took it back and made them take it out (took 2 days) and then they sent it to a glass place that spaced the window out and then glued it in. they fit but need to be spaced out and the look great. My problem now it the headliner is too short in the back and the c pillars i think also so you see the seam/bead around the window where the gasket was.

its not as simple as just putting the glass in to make it look 100% on the inside unfortunately

Agjake11

Reaction score
I'm still in cali but when I get home I will. And when I do it I'm gonna take pics and do a full write up. My buddy said its pretty simple just gotta get it clean.

sounds good trying to confirm what trim pieces i need inside to complete my install

Zmann

Reaction score
What a pain
almost all thieves go for that window ;-(

mine was busted at one time ,, when I got my truck ,, the same day the 3/36 was up
my slider didn't work so I drove to the dealer and they wanted to keep it for a day ,,

I couldn't do it so I went home and found after it had been replaced it was never plugged in lol

Agjake11

Reaction score
when they put the power slider in (had manual) they plugged the motor in and were all giddy to get me to see if it just worked since i had the switch on the dash. i knew the switch wasnt plugged in so it wouldnt work but i got home and found it capped off and ready to go behind the radio and plugged it in and good to go ever since.

idkillinit

Reaction score
Yea i don't think it was a theif. I think it was a crazy ex or and innovative hater because my back window has huge innovative diesel logo. Eric is as upset as i am. Lol.he paid like 300 for the custom cut decal

Latest posts

Members online