Rear wheel seal

05wh250

Reaction score
Found one leaking so I want to replace both. I found a good write up but can't find any torque specs.

Does anyone have any links to the torque specs and reinstallation procedure?

On an 05 srw

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Correct, I got it all apart and ready to go back together.
this one?
60910918e18bac3adf007906ea6ab82c.jpg

live life full throttle

05wh250

Reaction score
Yes that one, I picked up a Haynes manual yesterday and got it back together except for the axles, just picked the orings up for them, and waiting on brake pads to come in.

Job isn't that bad, just make sure your torque wrench works both ways as the driver's side nut is reverse thread.

05wh250

Reaction score
I was. I got the old seal out inspected everything, installed the new seals and put it back together.

Number 3 in the picture is what I was looking for the torque specs for. And you actually torque them to 60 lbs and back them off so many clicks for new or old bearings.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I did this job over the winter, wasn't too bad actually as long as you have the right tools. I just torqued to what I felt was appropriate (common sense).

My local dealer had to order the axle shaft seals... he had NEVER sold one before. Mine probably could have been re-used, but for what I was putting back in it didn't make sense to not do those two cheap o-rings.

05wh250

Reaction score
Yeah. I had it apart so they were getting replaced.

I replace them all the time at work on big trucks, just wasn't sure how similar they were at the time. Pretty straight forward job just gotta run down the parts.

Latest posts

Members online