Rebuilding oil rails

swinky

Reaction score
I have some new injectors coming next week and i think it might be a good time to do some hpo system maintenance. I have a leak somewhere when the motor is hot and figure i might as well throw a few parts at it while the valve covers are off. Truck has 236k miles on it. Should i just do the O rings or all of it? Anything else while I'm under there?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

webb06

Reaction score
I have some new injectors coming next week and i think it might be a good time to do some hpo system maintenance. I have a leak somewhere when the motor is hot and figure i might as well throw a few parts at it while the valve covers are off. Truck has 236k miles on it. Should i just do the O rings or all of it? Anything else while I'm under there?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

The only serviceable o rings that I can think of are the nipple o rings from Alliant. You have an 03, log style, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
The only serviceable o rings that I can think of are the nipple o rings from Alliant. You have an 03, log style, right?

Yeah it's an 03. Thinking about just doing those. I see some people replacing the whole nipple. Not sure if that's something that normally needs replacing with high mileage.

webb06

Reaction score
Not usually. Might consider replacing the standpipes and braided lines. Depending on how the o ring inside the snap fitting on the line looks

Jomax

Reaction score
Swinky. You'll need the special tool to take the nipples out. I have one. It's yours to keep. Just cover shipping. If you know someone that needs it. Just pass it along.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

04cr450

Reaction score
That's very generous of you jomax^. Jared, replace the nipple cups, orings, and the snap to connect fitting with the steep braided hose. With that many miles, the nipple more than likely have a worn edge on it- maybe, just check them.. when I installed my new injectors this past February, the nipples looked new with 177k miles. Just check them out first - Ull see it

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
I have a full oil system off a 03 with 140k if you need anything. Leak checked before removal.

Jomax

Reaction score
Get the bostech nipples and orings. That what I bought when I did my uncles 03.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online