Red Truck comes apart....Again.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
these ones have been on about 10K probably...but the truck doesn't get much driving time any more.....seems to always be broken.

Update on the build, pistons, rods, wrist pins, and my new coilovers were dropped off yesterday....they will be sent to the machine shop this afternoon where the block has been patiently waiting. boring to 10 over, polishing the crank, balancing everything, then well get everything back and start putting the new motor together!

TheViking

Reaction score
I'm thinking TNT might work better but I'm still enjoying this thread but a Cat swap might now be bad.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
some more progress last night.......

IMG_0381_zpspemxkikl.jpg

IMG_0418_zpswdwwhibi.jpg

weekend the shop will be closed....hoping next week to have the motor out and torn down, maybe get a first look at the damage.....

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Machine shop is plugging away with the block, pulled pass side head Thursday hope tonnage the rest of
The top end apart tonight. Looks like the head and injectors so far we Gona be ok

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Heres some picture updates

got the heads off:
IMG_0452_zpsm7cav4ae.jpg

IMG_0454_zps6vjd92g5.jpg

extremely happy and surprised that the heads were hardly touched, just had some piston/valve contact, but nothing serious, heads are reusable, as well as the injectors

IMG_0451_zpss5kyzqiz.jpg

Then we find this:
IMG_0495_zpshpjxcmwe.jpg

IMG_0496_zpsmz7qvnu8.jpg

waiting on the machine shop do finish the block, then well assemble everything....in the mean time, injectors will be headed out to MFI for a refresh, and scrap block will be pulled out of the frame rails.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
As much as looking at that sucked....I stopped at the machine shop last night, and there working on my block, pistons and rods...that was a site to see. hoping to have the components back mid week next week, then we start assembling the new short block!

swinky

Reaction score
As much as looking at that sucked....I stopped at the machine shop last night, and there working on my block, pistons and rods...that was a site to see. hoping to have the components back mid week next week, then we start assembling the new short block!
You mind pming me what you have in the short block?

I'm going to need to build one soon.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
well looking like the motor should be just about done at the machine shop...hopeing to have it back at the shop by Friday so we can start putting the short block back together.

pulled the LPOP out last night, very happy to see the front cover is still in great shape, no scores or scratches, looks like I will get a new set of gears and be on my way with that one!...

turbos getting boxed up and ready to send out to be refreshed......20 days till this truck will be back together and running....its coming quick

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
well.....got a real good look Friday night at the damage...

IMG_0654_zpsvkdowops.jpg

IMG_0656_zps81kqsnpg.jpg

IMG_0660_zpsxfjlcdpp.jpg

IMG_0662_zpsz4jzjbyo.jpg

Block lasted 66k. after the trucks back together and I have some spare time, im sure il take this apart to get a look at the inside, but right now...aint nobody got time for that

IMG_0663_zpsbhlbthni.jpg

Latest posts

Members online