redneck race truck alive

strokin6L

Reaction score
Shawn, can't remember but do you have a pic of the steed speed manifolds bolted to the heads on the truck with your homemade Y-pipe? How is the clearance between them and the frame rails...do they stick out a little further?

AllanB

Reaction score
Exactly. The 5r sux behind 6.4 tcm. It's great behind 6.0 tcm. The newer trucks try to be to high tech. If a 5r ran low tens in the ccsb it'll be fine in this. Looks good shawn. Good luck. How come no ts this year??

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Maybe Elite is making some headway on this issue. I remember there was a post about DPC before anyone was even chosen for it, and they said that they thought they might have the issues with the TCM worked out. Something of that nature. Not really sure exactly how it was worded.

idkillinit

Reaction score
Maybe Elite is making some headway on this issue. I remember there was a post about DPC before anyone was even chosen for it, and they said that they thought they might have the issues with the TCM worked out. Something of that nature. Not really sure exactly how it was worded.

It seems that they have. Erics truck ran perfect for Dpc. Let's hope that have.

AllanB

Reaction score
Yup, I hope so. I always thought the 5r110 was a good trans. I have never ran anywhere close to the power levels that these guys do. But when I got started with the truck in my avitar. I was running stock turbo, stock sticks, and a .82 jet/nos, and Erics tuning. I couldn't tell you how many 4 wheel drive launches with and without nos I did running 37's. I thought that stock trans was never going to give up the ghost. But when it decided to, it didn't last a week haha. Moral of the story is. That trans being just a stocker, and taking that much abuse. Made a believer out of me with the 5r110.

idkillinit

Reaction score
I agree no gm or Chrysler trans is holding 600-700 whp for any time if even one pass. I made multiple 650 whp on spray passes on 37s. 37k miles first trans

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
don't worry about the derail, this is what we're here for, to share info with each other

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Shawn that truck looks mean.... Can't wait to see it head down the track! Did you 4 link the front end at all? Or are you going to strap it up?

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
stock suspension with cal tracs in the rear and ranch rs9000 front and rear shocks,

ford_trck

Reaction score
Rancho's are awesome I have them on the front of my truck and the adjustment knob is easy to get to and easy to adjust.

motoxracer42

Reaction score
yea buddy. see you soon man. i should be in mission with or without my truck. im still waiting on parts and other people right now. sucks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.