Reduced power?

Reaction score
We went out yesterday picking people up. We ran through some water but nothing more then a foot or so. My truck is fine but my buddies is not.

Water in fuel light came on. We stopped and drained it. Nothing.

Worked till dark and left our trucks parked on a bridge at a pretty good incline. Get back in and his truck says reduced power. He made it home at 45mph.

Today he drained the fuel in a mason jar and it looks good but he found the water in fuel sensor was unplugged. He plugged it back in and topped the def off.

Truck still has water in fuel light and and reduced power.

Unhooked the batteries and no change.

Thoughts.

Jomax

Reaction score
We went out yesterday picking people up. We ran through some water but nothing more then a foot or so. My truck is fine but my buddies is not.

Water in fuel light came on. We stopped and drained it. Nothing.

Worked till dark and left our trucks parked on a bridge at a pretty good incline. Get back in and his truck says reduced power. He made it home at 45mph.

Today he drained the fuel in a mason jar and it looks good but he found the water in fuel sensor was unplugged. He plugged it back in and topped the def off.

Truck still has water in fuel light and and reduced power.

Unhooked the batteries and no change.

Thoughts.

I'd hook it up to a scanner and go from there, I don't think batteries can clear the code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
DRY THAT TRUCK OUT. WATER IS WREAKING HAVOC ON EVERYTHING IT TOUCHES.

sootie

Reaction score
A foot of water shouldn't hurt it though.

at what speed did it go thru the water and was it really only a foot? I can go thru 6" of water and have the underside of my hood dripping...

Jomax

Reaction score
so you think its just a coincidence ?

I've had a lot of that with my truck recently (coincidence) lol. But I've been in water that covered my bumpers back in my off-roading days. Could be a simple sensor that got wet maybe?

Reaction score
No I am serious. The deepest the truck got was to launch the boat with the tail pipe bubbling. We go slow and if it gets to deep turn around. No since in stranding your self and loose a truck when you are trying to rescue people.

I got my truck up to the bottom of the cab but we did not have his truck with us.

Reaction score
I think what really happened with the reduced power is he was low on def and when he started the truck on the incline the truck must have thought it was empty. He ended up putting two jugs in it and the last of the second over flowed so it was pretty damn low.

That system is weird. I have filled my truck up before and still got the count down after multiple restarts.

Jomax

Reaction score
I think what really happened with the reduced power is he was low on def and when he started the truck on the incline the truck must have thought it was empty. He ended up putting two jugs in it and the last of the second over flowed so it was pretty damn low.

That system is weird. I have filled my truck up before and still got the count down after multiple restarts.

That's probably what did it.

Latest posts

Members online