Reman Engine?

windrunner408

Reaction score
Every company I see that does remanufactured engines and builds them with studs uses black onyx head gaskets. If I were going to buy a remanufactured motor, I would pay for the Ford OEM headgaskets or do it myself when i got the motor. JMO.

Wojo

Reaction score
i would also put OEM gaskets in it. im just wondering if this guy even knows what hes doing. it just seems awfully cheap for 4000$. my local shop wants that just for a stud job. i would rather buy a complete reman motor for 4000$ and drop it in myself.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
I actually called these guys over the weekend......Im going to order a short block from them next week. They seemed pretty knowledgable. I opted for the short block, because i do not want the black onxy head gaskets plus i have a fresh set of heads and injectors, and a rebuilt turbo!. They are a small family company but seem worth give a shot to. We are going to eat the core charge and keep the short block. Gona cost me more to ship it back then the core!

i think for the long block we were quoted 4800 shipped with the core charge

Last edited:

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
My only concern would be warranty if something went bad. I've seen more bad happen from remans at least posted anyways. I'd be extremely nervous since even the ford one people say don't last long. Is there just something about these 6.0 motors or are people cuttiing corners?

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
My only concern would be warranty if something went bad. I've seen more bad happen from remans at least posted anyways. I'd be extremely nervous since even the ford one people say don't last long. Is there just something about these 6.0 motors or are people cuttiing corners?

Jack told me it comes with a 1 year warrenty, and all motors are rebuilt with factory parts...for the money, if you get 60k out of it its work it..

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
It's always a good idea to pull apart and closely check out a remaned or crate motor before you drop it in. You'd be suprised (not in a good way) at what you find fairly often on these type of deals. To keep costs low they are most often done very quickly and cheaply as possible. My .02.

edit: This is true for factory remans and crate motors as well. Chevy, Ford, Dodge, I've learned not to trust any of them.

Goose

Reaction score
I actually called these guys over the weekend......Im going to order a short block from them next week. They seemed pretty knowledgable. I opted for the short block, because i do not want the black onxy head gaskets plus i have a fresh set of heads and injectors, and a rebuilt turbo!. They are a small family company but seem worth give a shot to. We are going to eat the core charge and keep the short block. Gona cost me more to ship it back then the core!

i think for the long block we were quoted 4800 shipped with the core charge

How much was the short block?

Wojo

Reaction score
Curious to know if your motor ever came yet and how it looks. still somewhat interested in this.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Curious to know if your motor ever came yet and how it looks. still somewhat interested in this.

actually waiting for my customer to get his funds together, he had a slight set back, but we are anticipating ordering hopefully end of this week begining of next week. I did check out black water, they seem knowledgeable as well. We have a fresh topend for his motor, so we are debating which route to go.

We really would like to get the long block and keep his 6.0 to play around with il keep this updated as we move forward

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Any updates?

Ok guys my customer came through with funds this weekend, i will be getting the motor in order hopefully this afternoon. I ended up called Blackwater? also, both seemed knowledge able, i just have to look at which one im more comfortable with. I will order something today, and keep you guys updated!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Ok guys so i ordered my 6.0 short block from Jack at j&K motors. Spent some time on the phone with him yesterday, seems real knowlegdgeable and legit. Hoping to see the motor next week some time.

Latest posts

Members online