remote filter

Barnabas

Reaction score
Ive had a few filters fail and when the last one took a dump on me(-10 deg. in 2' of snow) i had enough and got rid of it.

good to know :pimp:

chip is next on my mod list

once I get into my new house im thinking the fuel system is going to be getting some attention when I do the tank mods and possibly a RRS I figured id start researching the other end of things :D

All in preparation :walkin:

jwlandry

Reaction score
the fuel tank mods, a reg. return, get rid of all the "quick" connect fittings and add a pre and post pump spin on style filter. Thats what i have and its been that way for some time now.

I got my stuff through Diesel Innovations(send JAP a pm about this) and Strictly Diesel.

Arisley

Reaction score
I am slowly building mine. I was going to keep the factory filter, but the easiest way to split the lines for a dual pump setup, is with a prepump and post pump filter. Right now, it will just be plumbed in with factory fuel lines. When I get a chance, I will drop the tank and install my sump with 3/4 line to the filter. Next step is to delete the bowl and route the lines to the back of the heads with 3/8's line coming out of a fuel manifold, 3/4 from the post pump to the fuel manifold. Use the factory feed line for the return out of the regulator.

Irishcream

Reaction score
you could always just run the second pump after the secondary filter since the fuel has already been filtered twice so there will be no harm to the pump.

glamis

Reaction score
I'm not getting all this protect the pump stuff
is it that delicate that you cant put the fuel filter after it ??

wont sucking through a filter hurt the pump(tween the tank and pump)
i would think the pump would rather push through a filter than suck through a filter
and someone told me even if i get a spin on filter at the frame rail
dont delete the stock filter from the bowl
that it wont run right.
i dont follow that,besides the filter I'm planning on is 5 micron
'and the factory is 13 micron
david

glamis

Reaction score
ok so if i remove the spring
like he did then i could delete the bowl filter,got it

i need some kind of fuel filter before the pump,got it

Arisley

Reaction score
If you are only going to run 1 filter, make it after the pump. That way if you shell a pump, the pieces of it won't go through your injectors.

glamis

Reaction score
no no i see the benifit of both pre and post filters now.
im figureing a lube oil filter for the pre filter,big mircons but not too big.
then a 3-5 micron post pump filter.

then ima strech out that regulator spring :)
or shim it.....
or maybe ill buy one

thanks for the help andy
and everyone else :)

Arisley

Reaction score
Leave that regulator spring alone, unless you buy one from Guzzle. And I recommend a water seperator like a 15 micron filter or something like that pre-pump. I don't think a oil filter will allow enough flow. Could be wrong though.

CGMKCM

Reaction score
My pre pump kit came with this filter Bosch fuel filter W0133-1642982 It is clear, cheap and no problems with flow. Easy install.

I would also get the regulator spring from Guzzle or order the FXR from Riff Raff. They will work great if you are not pushing high H.P.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online