Remote Start Issue

SmokedF747

Reaction score
I have a 2006 f250 6.0l and I had an X9 VSS from autoalarmpro.com installed in the truck. The remote start part of it is acting up, I press the start buttons and the truck does the wait to start (set for 17 seconds) then cranks right up no issues, but 15 seconds later, it shuts off, waits 17 seconds, starts again, then shuts off for 15 seconds, does this three times and that's it. Anybody have any idea as to why all my setpoint stayed the same and work fine but for some reason it doesn't sense the truck is running and shuts itself off? Any insight would be great.

JMart

Reaction score
Have you contacted the guys from auto alarm pro? They were pretty helpful when I installed mine.

The alarm has a set of wires that detect the rpm. If it doesn't detect it it wont run. You might have a wire that came loose. Do you still have the instal instructions?

SmokedF747

Reaction score
nah the installer took them, i will call them tomorrow, just figured i'd see if anyone had the same issue, i know when i was routing my edge cts monitor wires one wire came out, i put it back in but im thinking maybe it reset the setting on it or something.

02POWERSTROKE7.3

Reaction score
Not sure about your system, but most remote starts have tach sense and voltage sense. They may have yours hooked up using voltage sensing and the system is not seeing enough voltage increase because the glow plugs are still on therefore its shutting ignition down and restarting because it does not see its running. If this is the case it will have to be programed for crank only or tach sense.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.