Remote start questions

NEVRNF

Reaction score
When using the Remote start is the climate control supposed to have power? When I open the door the auto-climate display is blank. Does not matter if it is set to auto or if I choose defrost. It comes on as soon as the key is turned. Is there a way to have it come on at start up? Same thing for the ALDL connector. It is dead on the remote start and the EDGE CTS2 does not come on when the key is turned. You have to unplug it or turn off the truck and restart. This is a Job1 2011 truck.

GregW

Reaction score
Not sure about the climate control, but I have a buddy who had the same problem with his 6.7 and CTS2. Once you're in the truck and turn the key on, you should be able to tap the screen on the CTS2 to wake it up.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Tap the screen on the CTS2 to turn it on. Happens all the time to me when I get into the truck after it has been started via remote.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NEVRNF

Reaction score
Thanks, Now just have to figure out the climate issue. Would like to have the fan on Defrost to start clearing the windshield without having the key in the ignition.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
The computer decides what it needs to do based on exterior, interior and my temp settings. Sometimes my seat heater is on when truck cold from night before, but exterior temp doesn't warrant the use of heater....ie 88 degrees. It can't be changed or set to anything is dealer answer to me

Latest posts

Members online