Remove stack turn down exhaust bad?

TequestaStroker

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question, but I'm sick of my stack and was thinking of removing it and turning down the elbow that connects to it. My exhaust would be just shooting straight down and before the axle. Is the heat or anything bad for things on my truck or has anybody done this? Thanks

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I don't see it being necessarily bad for the truck but it may cover things in soot and be a little noisy outside echoing off the ground.

TequestaStroker

Reaction score
I don't see it being necessarily bad for the truck but it may cover things in soot and be a little noisy outside echoing off the ground.
Thanks, can't be any more noisy than the stack right behind my window. haha eventually I'll run it out the back when I can get the parts to run it over the axle and behind the tire.

swinky

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question, but I'm sick of my stack and was thinking of removing it and turning down the elbow that connects to it. My exhaust would be just shooting straight down and before the axle. Is the heat or anything bad for things on my truck or has anybody done this? Thanks
I'd be interested in the stack.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Every "dump" exhaust I've ever heard sounded crappy compared to a stack or normal exit exhaust, imo. Don't think they sound good echoing off the ground.

bad moose

Reaction score
You'll want to run it over the axle and dump it there. I would not want to run it in front of the axle. It doesn't sound to bad and is not terribly annoying. We use my truck for long family trips and it has been set up this way since '11.

Here are some pics in a thread I started a ways back. http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1492 I did mine like BFT's right over the axle. There is one on the second page that may interest you also (blue waffle).

TequestaStroker

Reaction score
You'll want to run it over the axle and dump it there. I would not want to run it in front of the axle. It doesn't sound to bad and is not terribly annoying. We use my truck for long family trips and it has been set up this way since '11.

Here are some pics in a thread I started a ways back. http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1492 I did mine like BFT's right over the axle. There is one on the second page that may interest you also (blue waffle).
Yea that'd be nice, but I need the over the axle 5" tubing and all. I'll do it that way eventually.

04 f350

Reaction score

I was in the same boat last year I toke my stack out it was just to loud, I ran just a downpipe for the longest time until I did my axle dump, I like the look of not being able to see the exhaust. Like I said tho I ran the downpipe only for a while and never had any issues

TequestaStroker

Reaction score
I was in the same boat last year I toke my stack out it was just to loud, I ran just a downpipe for the longest time until I did my axle dump, I like the look of not being able to see the exhaust. Like I said tho I ran the downpipe only for a while and never had any issues
Awesome, thanks!

Latest posts

Members online