removing leafs from spring pack?

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Ok guys. I am wondering if anyone has pulled any leafs other than a helper leaf on f250 rear spring back. I'm working on a 2wd and have no block and drop shackles are already installed. Just need maybe 1.5-2" more. Any feedback is appreciated.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
At one time I had bottom overload and the two shortest leaves out and it dropped about 3" but I have a CCLB. Right now I only have the bottom overload spring out as well as a 2" block.

Photo184_zpsa0d6694c.jpg

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Ok I'm just kind of wondering which leaf to pull if I do. I hate to pull overload just in case I ever do pull anything. I know it's only an inch. So I may try maybe 2nd down from top?

Wastegate

Reaction score
I pulled the bottom overload with a inch lowering block but a two inch shackle flip for about a inch of lift. Not what your shooting for I guess. However if you plan to do it i highly suggest traction bars cause the rear is stupid soft. I tow regular 7k trailer and it sits level.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Ok I'm just kind of wondering which leaf to pull if I do. I hate to pull overload just in case I ever do pull anything. I know it's only an inch. So I may try maybe 2nd down from top?

I forgot to add that I also have PMF traction blocks and air bags. I tow heavy all the time and do not have a problem.

TXAG07

Reaction score
So does removing the overload make the truck ride a lot better? Does pulling that and another leaf make it too soft. In my current configuration no one will ride in my back seat :)

08twinturbo

Reaction score
This what I'm working on. I already have shackles. It only needs maybe 1.5" more. Oh. And traction bars are on the way. So want to get ride height set before I do them.
20150201_155334.jpg

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Thanks. I keep hearing that but I want it to sit about an 1" lower. Just a hair above level.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
My 08 had 4 main leafs plus the overload. I pulled the overload and the bottom leaf out of mine. It was a 2" drop. But I have a 4" block so its basically stock f250 height. I don't think I would take more then that out of a crew cab. The ride is night and day better even with the stock shocks. Its soft enough that I would say air bags would be needed for anything more then a small trailer. Looking to do the same thing on my new truck

08twinturbo

Reaction score
I may make an attempt to pull the 2nd leaf from bottom and leave overload just so I can keep a little spring if I tow my boat . That should give me an 1" more drop. Mine also has the 5 spring pack.

TXAG07

Reaction score
My 08 had 4 main leafs plus the overload. I pulled the overload and the bottom leaf out of mine. It was a 2" drop. But I have a 4" block so its basically stock f250 height. I don't think I would take more then that out of a crew cab. The ride is night and day better even with the stock shocks. Its soft enough that I would say air bags would be needed for anything more then a small trailer. Looking to do the same thing on my new truck

Thanks for that info. That's what I was looking to do but didn't want it to negatively affect the ride by making it too soft.

OP, post pics when you get r leveled out

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Yes sir I will. Ouo bars are on the way. Thanks to Dave for being super informative on his product!
I will experiment with the leafs and report back.

Latest posts

Members online