Repaired Splits in Console Cover

williamallen13

Reaction score
I recently decided to replace the vinyl on my console since it had started splitting about a year ago. First thing was to pry the top of which isn't hard it just pops off. Then pull all the staples out that hold on the vinyl and pull it off. The stitching left indentations in the foam so at first I was just going to cover it with a piece of leather but I couldn't get it to stretch andnot show the indentations. I looked up a local car upholsterer and had them stitch up a new piece and attach it for me. They only charged me $20 for material and labor and even sewed in a slightly thick foam. Now it looks like new except the colors a little off but it still better then looking at the splits.
20151111_135316.jpg

20151111_135323.jpg

20151111_135153.jpg

20151111_135059.jpg

williamallen13

Reaction score
It's the sun shining in from the passenger side. It actually matches the brown wood grain almost perfectly. I'd be nice if it had more grey but it's what he had on site.

wildkarrd

Reaction score
Now to do the seats lol. Looks good, also noticed it's probably mostly the sun but passenger seat looks brand new, drivers looks well worn.

Sent from a Well Head

Pockets

Reaction score
I'm in Villa Rica so not too far from you. Who did you get to redo it? I'd like to get mine done also but mines just black.

Latest posts

Members online