Replace or upgrade opinions

Rico

Reaction score
Going to be doing some work to my F250 TTB 4 x 4 soon. I'm going to replace the tie rods and my badly worn ball joints. My shocks are original so I figure to replace those as well in the front. I'm curious about lifting the front with either adding a few springs or a leaf spring kit and going with some nice shock absorbers. Any input? Any experience? Thanks for reading

7.3obs

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and take the money you're going to put into the ttb and put it torwards a Dana 60!

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and take the money you're going to put into the ttb and put it torwards a Dana 60!

^^^^^ This ^^^^^

The TTB50 is a POS. If you understand the workings of the TTB50, you'll understand why it's a POS. You are always going to be replacing parts on it, tie rods, ball joints, bushings.

Plus lifting a truck with a TTB50 is a bad move. You will never get it aligned correctly plus you will need drop brackets to lift. Go outside and look at how much travel you have between the bump stop by the shock.....probably 1" or less.

Do yourself a favor and go with a Dana 60 from the F350. It's a total bolt in and the truck will ride smoother. The F350 uses thinner leafs compared to the TTB50.

Do a search here, there is a ton of info on doing the swap.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Last edited:

Rico

Reaction score
Tie rods, bushings, ball joints are all original. I'm not going to do a swap unless somehow I come upon a bargain. Thank you for your input. My 460 has TTB. With a 4 " lift it's a pretty stiff ride but works great in Baja. Should I replace the axel U joints While I'm down there?

Latest posts

Members online