Replacement hubs for 05'+ trucks?

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Had my stock hubs act up a little so I figured Id just get a set of WARNs. No go. WARN only builds for model years up to 04'. I read in several places that WARN makes the oem hubs for Ford, but I can't verify that 100% . Still, does anyone have a lead on good aftermarket hubs for 05'+ SuperDuties? I'd rather upgrade than just service my stockers.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

Zmann

Reaction score
I can verify that WARN is the OEM on these
they also supply the manual only version for manual transfer case trucks

but it is the same hub with different selection wording and minus a diaphragm

you will not Be swapping out these to an aftermarket unit without spending a grand to get rid of the unit bearing and going dyna trac or spin tech ETC

Zmann

Reaction score
100% verification for you ;-) they also made the previous years hubs I think the reason you don't see warn sell a replacement is a competition clause ?
I think they need to wait until the last supplied unit is out of production for a certain time before they offer one up

but not sure Why others have no offerings ?

Attachments

• auto hubs.pdf
    109.2 KB · Views: 54
  • PVH 2006[1].pdf
    269.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I can verify that WARN is the OEM on these
they also supply the manual only version for manual transfer case trucks

but it is the same hub with different selection wording and minus a diaphragm

you will not Be swapping out these to an aftermarket unit without spending a grand to get rid of the unit bearing and going dyna trac or spin tech ETC

My truck is manual only hubs. No auto lock for me. No vac lines,nothing. This is the vac line nipple on the hub with its factory dust cover.
photo-8_zps61245b5d.jpg

Do I still have no option but to spend $1000+ on the dyna trac or spin tec?

Zmann

Reaction score
your in the same boat unless someone has released a replacement I have not seen
but I think the word would spread fast

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
your in the same boat unless someone has released a replacement I have not seen
but I think the word would spread fast

Well that sucks. Thanks for the info though.

Zmann

Reaction score
there really not bad of a unit IMHO

and most people bitch cause the auto lock fails and it may not even be the hub

I pull mine and grease it every now and then other than that it's all you can do

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
there really not bad of a unit IMHO

and most people bitch cause the auto lock fails and it may not even be the hub

I pull mine and grease it every now and then other than that it's all you can do

So just pull the three bolts, wipe down, re-grease and that's it? No special tools, no PITA parts? That sounds too simple.

What started this was the fact that I pulled into the back yard the other day, it was wet from the rain, got out and locked the hubs, pulled it into 4wd and the rear wheels just spun. No 4wd. I tore the sh*t out of my grass and it finally locked in. The transfer case was engaged, but the hubs wouldn't.

Zmann

Reaction score
how do you know the T case engaged for sure ? did u see the drive shaft spinning ?
u can always reach in to the knuckle area and spin the axle shaft if it moves the hub is unlocked truck off of course

this can help u isolate what side is acting up if any

no tools you can't really tear them down so just exercise them and lube em up

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
how do you know the T case engaged for sure ? did u see the drive shaft spinning ?
u can always reach in to the knuckle area and spin the axle shaft if it moves the hub is unlocked truck off of course

this can help u isolate what side is acting up if any

no tools you can't really tear them down so just exercise them and lube em up

I went to 4low and the you can tell when the drive ratio changes.

I'll try to spin the axle shaft by hand in the knuckles. I never thought about it but that's a awesome way to know which side is acting up. I knew that if one hub didn't lock the differential would send power to that wheel. I'll lock the hub then reach in and try to spin the axle shaft on both sides.

I had a caliper lock up back in October and it got pretty hot. Hot enough to warp and crack the rotor and even melt the rubber dust covers off the pistons on the caliper. The drivers side got all new brake components including brake line. I wonder if it got hot enough to cook the grease out.

Zmann

Reaction score
are the 6.0's different from the 7.3 in that on a 7.3 when the dash light is on the t-case is definitely locked?

thats what i was getting to it is the same i just wanted to see if He had seen the confirmation lights

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
thats what i was getting to it is the same i just wanted to see if He had seen the confirmation lights

Yes sir, the dash lights were shining. I'll pull the hubs and post some pics.

Zmann

Reaction score
u can get a seal kit that comes with bolts

but on your manual I would just wipe a little RTV on the flange ( where the paper gasket is ) when i went to reassemble

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Just a little update. I pulled the hubs and cleaned ( they actually looked really good) and regreased. Havnt had a lick of trouble since. Since the rain has been biblical here in N GA, I've had several oppurtunities to lock the hubs and she hasn't missed a beat.

Latest posts

Members online