Replacement Transmission cooler

needen$77

Reaction score
I am replacing my trans and need to replace my cooler mainly because this will be its 4th transmission. I think the stock cooler is part of the radiator and don't want to replace it all. What is a good remote unit to add for truck that will be mainly stock hp with a slightly beefed up trans. I searched but couldn't find much so if this has been asked please just direct me. Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

jschildm

Reaction score
I have a 6.0 trans cooler and love it. The best upgraded cooler to use is just a matter of opinion, but most will agree that heat is what kills these tranny's, and the stock cooler just doesn't cut it.

needen$77

Reaction score
Awesome thanks. Any certain size or tube diameter?

needen$77

Reaction score
This is my first auto and i started seeing cooler needing replaced with a burnt trans. Mine has not but after 3 rebuilds i want it to have the best shot

kanuck15

Reaction score
Its just good insurance. Crap can get stuck in the cooler and lines. You can flush them but for a little bit it costs to replace I just replace them. Especially since the OBS cooler is a joke. My ranger has a bigger cooler on it for its power steering

needen$77

Reaction score
I got a new cooler and have it installed I did not run it through the radiator should i run it through there

Obsledpuller

Reaction score
I had the one in the radiator eliminated but when I went out to BTS last month to get my trans replaced Brian ran it back through the radiator threw the one I had to the side and showed me the error of my ways. I have a 7.3 cooler now tucked neatly behind the bumper and couldn't be happier.

needen$77

Reaction score
Well poo i didnt us it on the base that i wanted the cleanest start

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I had the one in the radiator eliminated but when I went out to BTS last month to get my trans replaced Brian ran it back through the radiator threw the one I had to the side and showed me the error of my ways. I have a 7.3 cooler now tucked neatly behind the bumper and couldn't be happier.

I see in your sig you ran at Cecil, let's know next time you do. I like a stones throw from the strip