Reroute CCV to exhaust...

David N

Reaction score
Can this be done? Im wanting to get rid of the drip associated with mine just being dumped under the truck. I have a '02 7.3 but I kinda figured this would pertain to almost all powerstrokes.

So Im asking, why can't I weld a "bung" type fitting into my muffler, just like the one in the intake of the truck? The one that is facing away from the exhaust flow, and is pointing in the direction of flow. Sort of like a hook shape. Can this be done? Or will it create some kind of suction?

dthompson

Reaction score
I'm not sure why you couldn't. This is common practice on race gas engines. I'm sure someone will chime in but I don't see what the difference would be.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Duramax guys do it a lot. Just weld a bung in at an angle so that exhaust flow creates a slight vacuum and make sure there are no low spost and you are good to go.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
There is a certain angle it's supposed to be on, but I cannot remember. Too much of an angle will create a vacuum and pull the lots of oil out.

mandkole

Reaction score
on edit; I' ve often thought about this mod and it seems simple enough, but there is a lot of reading on why the exhaust flow is too strong to put the ccv vapor into. Keep researching...

Last edited:

Stroker#66

Reaction score
All I did was drill a 3/4" hole in the bottom of my DP and put a bung on then ran my hose up over my IC pipe (mine is alon the pass side due to the s468) and down to the bung.

F15CrewDawg

Reaction score
All I did was drill a 3/4" hole in the bottom of my DP and put a bung on then ran my hose up over my IC pipe (mine is alon the pass side due to the s468) and down to the bung.

This is how I have mine planned. Only differnece was I am planning on having it protude into the downpipe about 1/4 inch so I could angle the tip to make a venturi. But from reading the previous posts am I to understand that we don't want the exhaust flow to actively draw out the CCV vapor?

David N

Reaction score
Why do you still have a muffler...?

Well technically I don't right now. I was going to put it back under the truck after all of this engine swapage was done. Its a little thicker and would be easier to weld to. Plus I want to get rid of that 7.3 sputtery sound.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Crankcase vacuum will actually help make power, jus not sure when it become excessive.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
As far as I am aware, there's no problems after 15k miles.

9FF-23B5DFAFDDD9-3839-0000016225499A7D_zpsafc4b26a.jpg

Latest posts

Members online