Retro Solutions HIDs installed

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
Hey JD on the fogs does the retro kit plug into the factory plug up by the left headlight or into the fog sockets like the headlight kit? Also are the headlight switches different for trucks that didnt come with fogs from the factory?

superstroked

Reaction score
Anyone else have issue with the right fog not coming on when the truck is first started(just flashes like a strobe then nothing)...I usually wait about 30 seconds and it will come on fine. I even added a second relay for the fogs and it still does it. Not that big of an issue but, you know. I went with the 6000k 55 watt digitals in the headlights and fogs and they are super bright(almost completely white). The fogs actually get me flashed more than the headlights! I love em though.

Cajunhunter67

Reaction score
How are the brights on these? I had a set...different brand...when I needed brights to see further..the supplied system was garbage. But as long as I didnt need the brights...the were awsome.

superstroked

Reaction score
How are the brights on these? I had a set...different brand...when I needed brights to see further..the supplied system was garbage. But as long as I didnt need the brights...the were awsome.

The brights are very good! It may not seem like it when you run the fogs and lowbeams because the fogs are so bright and give you a LOT of side vision. But, when you are running just the lowbeams(no fogs) on roads with no lighting, you can see a long ways away

Cajunhunter67

Reaction score
The brights are very good! It may not seem like it when you run the fogs and lowbeams because the fogs are so bright and give you a LOT of side vision. But, when you are running just the lowbeams(no fogs) on roads with no lighting, you can see a long ways away

But, when you are running just the lowbeams(no fogs) on roads with no lighting, you can see a long ways away.....Did you mean the bright lights?
The reason I asked..because the last HID's I purchased the brights were like turning on a flashlight...totally useless!:fustrate:

pog

Reaction score
But, when you are running just the lowbeams(no fogs) on roads with no lighting, you can see a long ways away.....Did you mean the bright lights?
The reason I asked..because the last HID's I purchased the brights were like turning on a flashlight...totally useless!:fustrate:

Are you sure the brights weren't just halogen bulbs hence the flashlight effect. The retros actually pull the bulb back and aim the bulb higher, this gives you light further away and higher vs directly infront of you when they are on low. I really like my retros. Only if I could have my highs on with my fogs, thatd be the chits for back roads.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Are you sure the brights weren't just halogen bulbs hence the flashlight effect. The retros actually pull the bulb back and aim the bulb higher, this gives you light further away and higher vs directly infront of you when they are on low. I really like my retros. Only if I could have my highs on with my fogs, thatd be the chits for back roads.

You can let me find a writeup or link for you bud.

pog

Reaction score
You can let me find a writeup or link for you bud.

I hope its for 08 and up. Totally different than 07 and below since we got a sjb (smart junction box). Thought I could by jumping a relay but not possible.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
I'm on tapatalk and didn't see u have a 08+. Not sure about those

Cajunhunter67

Reaction score

Thats great! It was just a halogen bulb for the brights..The retrofits use the xenon for brights?

Rene G

Reaction score
Otherwise, great kits, light output is great. I opted for 4300k, i do lots of highway driving and blue hid's make me want to vomit lol.

I just installed a set of 4300k 55W's, pretty nice!

pog

Reaction score
Thats great! It was just a halogen bulb for the brights..The retrofits use the xenon for brights?

Well our trucks only use a single bulb, the retro bi xenon kit means the same bulb that's your lo is your hi. It just changes the angle of the bulb. They work well. You won't be disappointed

Latest posts

Members online