Reverse light tap inside the cab?

genuineford

Reaction score
I have a quick question for you all. I did some searching but didn't have any luck. I am looking for a place to tap into for a reverse camera in a 2003 F250, ccsb 6.0. I just need a trigger for head unit to know it is in reverse. I would rather not run a wire ouside of the cab if it isn't necessary. Thanks.

Arisley

Reaction score
You could pick it up at the trany I am sure. Come through the firewall on one of the user wires that Ford put there.

palmerjw

Reaction score
08 F250 same question. anyone? thanks. I have looked for the black w/pink stripe wire in the door sill i haven't pulled the fuze box. does it change color on the way back?

palmerjw

Reaction score
so i would need to go through the firewall? my fuze box is under the hood. or was he talking about the 4 relays under the dash? (looks like a small fuze box with my four upfitter switch feeds and 4 relays inside)

palmerjw

Reaction score
I have an '08 F250. I used the reverse activated Green wire with Brown stripe for my Pioneer back up camera. I had a hard time tracking the wire down because I was looking in the wrong place. It was not down on the floorboard or in the door sill.

My truck has the back up sensors. There is a box that the back up warning beep comes from. It is located up behind the Emergency brake release lever on the driver's side. Unplug the harness that connects into the box. There is a Grey (16pin I think) plug that connects to the black alarm box. With the plug unhooked, the back up alarm will not sound, verifying you have the right plug and harness. FYI, if your doing this solo, put the tailgate down so the back up alarm will activate.

Look at the two rows of wires on the plug. One row starts with a solid yellow wire, next is Brown with a Blue stripe, THIRD IS THE GREEN WITH BROWN STRIPE. This is the reverse activated wire for your back up lights, and only powers on when the gear selector is in reverse. Tap into this wire and your in business.

Btw, your shoulders will get cramped and maybe your arms too, the longer you lie on your back on the floorboard.

Took that from powerstroke enthusiasts website i will give that a try, i was also looking for green/brown in the drivers kick panel... :whs:

nope no green/brown wire... maybe only correct if you have the back up sensor?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online