Reverse Signal In Cab

jschildm

Reaction score
I got a gentex mirror with the compass and temperature display on it. The wiring is pretty straight forward, connect a couple wires from the temp sensor, a positive, and a ground. The part I am curious on, however, is that there is a wire for a reverse signal. I believe it overrides the dim function whenever the transmission is in reverse. I did some searching and wasn't able to find a source in the cab for this signal. Does anyone know if there is one? My other options are to leave it be and see how it is without a signal to it, or run the wire out of the cab and splice into the wire running along the frame rail or coming from the range sensor. Do any of you have thoughts on this, or installed a similar style mirror?

roughstockcowboy

Reaction score
No reverse signal in cab, closest signal it the trailer tow relay box, on top of the left fender well, trailer back up lamp relay, black/pink wire, hope this helps

jschildm

Reaction score
I figured there had a to be one in the distribution box for the trailer wiring, but I wasn't have any trouble locating. That helps, thank you very much!

Tom S

Reaction score
I do not have mine connected to the reverse wire and do not find it to be an issue. I have not really noticed where it was dimmed when backing up. I have also installed them in cars with the reverse connected and that was more useful where you tend to use the inside mirror a little more then in a truck. You will like that mirror. I especially like the outside temp.

Members online

No members online now.