RevisionNumberThree

Kind

Reaction score
The truck is back at Dirty Diesel. Rebuilding turbos, changing the exhaust housing to a divided .91 from the open 1.01 on the 66, rebuilding part of the up-pipes to work with new housing and taking off the stack.

Looking forward to a divided housing given how awesome the 6.4 heads are. Im hoping to get some decent numbers finally.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to this. I always loved this truck. That setup is a work of art.

Kind

Reaction score
Should make it even more of a beast. Trucks an animal already!

Yeah it should wake it up a fair amount sooner then now which will be very nice. As far as the truck being an animal... It has the damned fuel shortage disease. HPFP can't keep up.

I'm looking forward to this. I always loved this truck. That setup is a work of art.

Thanks!

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Yeah it should wake it up a fair amount sooner then now which will be very nice. As far as the truck being an animal... It has the damned fuel shortage disease. HPFP can't keep up.

Going dual fuelers?

Kind

Reaction score
Going dual fuelers?

Next time. Work has been to slow since February to spend more then I need too at the moment.

I've got a few things I want to change when I go dual hpfp's. Right now the dragonfire can't keep up past 1.8pw

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Wow that pump isn't happy with life. Can't wait to see what it can do when it comes time for dual fuelers. Should wake it up a bit.

Kind

Reaction score
Besides it being reliable which is a plus with any dragonfire, yeah it's not the happiest as my foot becomes heavier. I can honestly say I wouldn't recommend that pump with elite 110's. Which was already discussed prior to me using it but I had to make compromises on the first round build. I also knew I was going to be revising this set up as the years went on and I had a chance to test and dial it in.

Last year was a good test for this truck. Now I know exactly what does and doesn't work.

Kind

Reaction score
Thought about 100% but that means I'd need bigger turbos. Unless I decide to go bigger with the turbos I won't put any injector bigger then something between 60-80%. But duals is a necessity.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Don't have enough turbo.... Coming from the guy with 3 turbos :p. I think 100s would be fine, especially with some custom tunes. So many people are afraid to just go big and be done with it, thinking it'll be too much fuel. Do it and never look back :-D

Kind

Reaction score
Don't have enough turbo.... Coming from the guy with 3 turbos :p. I think 100s would be fine, especially with some custom tunes. So many people are afraid to just go big and be done with it, thinking it'll be too much fuel. Do it and never look back :-D

Putting in 100% overs and pulling them back is definitely on my mind but... I don't have the self control to keep them dialled down lol.

interested to hear the results of the new housing setup

Should help where it needs it.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Putting in 100% overs and pulling them back is definitely on my mind but... I don't have the self control to keep them dialled down lol.

I know it's a pain shipping across borders and little more money but why not send your injectors to RCD and have them hone them out to what you want like a 75% or 80%.

Kind

Reaction score
I know it's a pain shipping across borders and little more money but why not send your injectors to RCD and have them hone them out to what you want like a 75% or 80%.

Until I'm ready to upgrade my lpfs and hpfs bigger injectors are not even a thought. Honestly I want to try and see how much power I can get out of the elite 110's. We all know our heads won't allow us to make much over 1200hp without nitrous. So if I can get close to 1100hp with these injectors I will stop there until I become a millionaire, buy my own cnc machine and make my own heads because it seems like no one will even be making any for market.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
1100 would be pretty stout for those injectors. I hope you can get it there in the future.

Reaction score
Until I'm ready to upgrade my lpfs and hpfs bigger injectors are not even a thought. Honestly I want to try and see how much power I can get out of the elite 110's. We all know our heads won't allow us to make much over 1200hp without nitrous. So if I can get close to 1100hp with these injectors I will stop there until I become a millionaire, buy my own cnc machine and make my own heads because it seems like no one will even be making any for market.

Maybe stock heads. But by the numbers and from my own work, there is more than enough flow to beat most all the other engines out there..... 225 per intake beats a fully ported aftermarket cummins head @ 300 per intake all day when you figure the difference between 6 and 8 cylinder engines..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind

Reaction score
Jordan sent off my turbos to get them rebuilt and get a divided housing put on my 66. Turns out I have a odd ball turbine, it's a 71mm and a standard T4 won't work obviously. The guy rebuilding my turbos said all three had excessive dirt built up in the comp covers and impeller blades... That's what I get for running it without filters for a couple days before I got my intakes made lol. Also on the 66 the turbine side ring groove was worn and needed machining. So after cleaning, machining, new seals and bearings I have completely different turbos! The truck runs night and day different even without the divided housing they light very fast.

I'm looking forward to getting it on a dyno now. I'd like to go down the track but I have no desire to buy $1100 worth of rubber just to get a warning then proceed to get kicked off after my second pass where I didn't listen to the warning. I mean I'm not wealthy like some guys on here lol.

Anyway the truck will be at the races this weekend in Edmonton displayed at the dirty diesel booth if anyone wants to check it out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online