Riffraff East 2014

1999SuperDutyStroke

Reaction score
It is raining here now, drag race time was cut short today due to rain. We are getting things ready for the sled pull, show and shine and dyno tomorrow. Playing it all by ear and doing our anti-rain dance for the events tomorrow.

1999SuperDutyStroke

Reaction score
Steps have been taken to make sure the event still goes on as planned. The forecast is looking like rain in the morning, but clearing up in the afternoon. I would encourage everyone that can to come on out. I would suggest bringing an ez up or pop up canopy.

1999SuperDutyStroke

Reaction score
We are at the fairgrounds, we are working the track now getting it ready for the sleds. The dyno is set up and should be up and running soon, the show and shine has been put off for a lil while. Congrats on getting hitched by the way.

1999SuperDutyStroke

Reaction score
We are still here at the track, the big boy sled pulls will be cranking up very shortly. The dynos have been delayed due to some unexpected electrical complications, but they are working hard to get them resolved.;:

1999SuperDutyStroke

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that came out to enjoy this event. I wish certain parts had gone just a lil smoother, but it happens that way sometimes. Especially when mother nature gets involved.
It was the 6th year of the event, but it was the first year we had included the sled pulls. We learned a lot from this years event, and hope next year is even bigger and better.

1999SuperDutyStroke

Reaction score
Yes we did get to do the sled pulls. We had initially setup the classes, but only had 4 trucks from the various classes show up. So it turned into a fun pull for anyone who wanted to hook up. It was a lot of fun to watch and only had two serious mechanical failures that I know of. One was a transfer case on a buddy of mine's 6.4 and the other was a front axle shaft twisted into.

Super Diesel

Reaction score
Well, glad you guys were able to do something. I thought the fairgrounds was a good venue. Plenty of space for parking. I'll post some pics up a little later.

1999SuperDutyStroke

Reaction score
Thanks, it looks like it may become a yearly addition to the event.
It only took me about 30 mins to get all of the mud of my legs, head and face in the shower! I have no idea yet how long it will take to get my quad cleaned up, that thing is NASTY!!

Last edited:

hunter scar

Reaction score
Yes we did get to do the sled pulls. We had initially setup the classes, but only had 4 trucks from the various classes show up. So it turned into a fun pull for anyone who wanted to hook up. It was a lot of fun to watch and only had two serious mechanical failures that I know of. One was a transfer case on a buddy of mine's 6.4 and the other was a front axle shaft twisted into.

What happen to the green dodge?

Super Diesel

Reaction score
Here's what I got...

Our parking lot at the best western
01_zpse571e781.png

02_zpsbb27ae98.png

Jay's truck
03_zps21cc32e1.png

04_zps7ff643b0.png

Seth's truck
05_zpse05651e0.png

06_zpsc9d42c7c.png

Jonathan's drag 6.0 - painted Hot Rod Black
07_zpsdb44d7ea.png

08_zps0ef16c2d.png

10_zps0959f336.png

Jason's truck
11_zps763ea050.png

12_zps0be1ab02.png

13_zpsfacd6c7b.png

14_zps9b281c56.png

15_zps70ea6e1f.png

Here's Taylor (while it's raining) washing his truck (while it's raining) for the Show 'N Shine (while its raining) and drying it off (while it's raining)....

For those that don't know, he also got married the day before. Congrats bud!
16_zpsba2e92ca.png

did I mention that it was raining?
17_zps2e63a510.png

18_zps0f6e9234.png

We were ready for the dyno, here was the line about 10am, with more that filled in later...
09_zps5a7f27f5.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online